Raptor R price guessing game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think it’s going to be an Auto show only attraction that never sees public sale, as I’ve maintained from the beginning I think, or at least lately.

IF it were to ever be sold to the public, OF course it would only be available with a moon roof and only in lead foot primer grey... Ford has already trolled me with the smurf themed recaro interior, so mark my words ;-)

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There won’t really be a “start.” This thing is only gonna come one way, you’ll just pick your color.
There is definitely optional equipment... the window stickers posted so far showed a mix of what you could get.

I think it’s going to be an Auto show only attraction that never sees public sale, as I’ve maintained from the beginning I think, or at least lately.

IF it were to ever be sold to the public, OF course it would only be available with a moon roof and only in lead foot primer grey... Ford has already trolled me with the smurf themed recaro interior, so mark my words ;-)
Keep telling yourself that. When this comes out later in the year, are you going to buy one, or stick with your ecoboost? If you stick with it, are you just going to troll the empeegees, or the '450hp is all we need'?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I am totally taking credit for trolling Ford into a V8 Raptor if it is ever released to the public, which it won’t be.

They trolled you much harder with the Sasquatch edition, ECOBOOST powered Bronco. That was an epic troll, admittedly a junior varsity internet troll.

Bring on the new Raptor, Vaporware Edition!

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is definitely optional equipment... the window stickers posted so far showed a mix of what you could get.

Keep telling yourself that. When this comes out later in the year, are you going to buy one, or stick with your ecoboost? If you stick with it, are you just going to troll the empeegees, or the '450hp is all we need'?

There won’t be many options. They’ll all be 801a 37” trucks. Maybe you’ll be able to option the sunroof, but I bet they’ll all come with Recaros too.

If you think everyone with a 3.5 is just gonna jump ship for the R you’re nuts, there’s 0% chance Ford is gonna make that many. Besides, many of us have much faster cars for speed thrills. I simply don’t understand the purpose of a 700+hp, 3 ton pickup that can’t go any faster off road than the 450hp version. And getting 7-8mpg on the street and probably half that off road? Again, I don’t get it but that’s just me.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
There won’t be many options. They’ll all be 801a 37” trucks. Maybe you’ll be able to option the sunroof, but I bet they’ll all come with Recaros too.

If you think everyone with a 3.5 is just gonna jump ship for the R you’re nuts, there’s 0% chance Ford is gonna make that many. Besides, many of us have much faster cars for speed thrills. I simply don’t understand the purpose of a 700+hp, 3 ton pickup that can’t go any faster off road than the 450hp version. And getting 7-8mpg on the street and probably half that off road? Again, I don’t get it but that’s just me.
But But But...the sound. lol