Raptor R intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foremanrd

Reaction score
What are your initial impressions?
Impossible to not smoke the tires right off it and still averages 22 mpg! It’s a CAI, not a flux compacitor. Jk. It’s too early to say just yet on much. Seriously though, I believe the SC is significantly quieter, which I appreciate. TRX obnoxious whine was part of the reason I went with R. I have 12k on my truck and have averaged 14 mpg since Go. I reset tripometer to see what kind of change I see there. I averaged 15.3 on a quick 40 mile trip at 70mph after install yesterday.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Impossible to not smoke the tires right off it and still averages 22 mpg! It’s a CAI, not a flux compacitor. Jk. It’s too early to say just yet on much. Seriously though, I believe the SC is significantly quieter, which I appreciate. TRX obnoxious whine was part of the reason I went with R. I have 12k on my truck and have averaged 14 mpg since Go. I reset tripometer to see what kind of change I see there. I averaged 15.3 on a quick 40 mile trip at 70mph after install yesterday.
Any change in sound or throttle response at all?

Hard R

Reaction score
Do you only drive freeways with no wind drag?? I can't believe you get that kind of mileage, that's damn good. We're talking V8 Raptor R right?

Hard R

Reaction score
Any change in sound or throttle response at all?
Can anyone with the new intake report their performance/sound/feel improvement?

I did find these 2 documents on the SB website.

Considering SB or the Ford Performance.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 75-5175 Test Results.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 2023RaptorRBestRunsSBfilters.pdf
    81.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

cr23raptor1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't judge mpg on a 40 mile trip.. I drove to florida(900 mile trip) at 70 with a ford performace filter etc. Max I got was 15.2.. hand calculated.
To get accuracy- you need to run it thru a full tank and go from there.

foremanrd

Reaction score
You can't judge mpg on a 40 mile trip.. I drove to florida(900 mile trip) at 70 with a ford performace filter etc. Max I got was 15.2.. hand calculated.
To get accuracy- you need to run it thru a full tank and go from there.
I can’t lie, I’m not impressed by your common sense though in this day and age, I probably should be. Sad but true.