Raptor Assault - Detailed Course Overview

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the baja, I went early, and the limit they set was reasonable, I want to say 60, and I heard MANY in my small group brag about surpassing that, as well as heard instructors on the radio scolding people ( there were even a few "offs"). Pretty ******** people cant just chill. I have read now they have dropped the limit.

Our limit was 40mph in one section and 35 in another, and it was pretty short too.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our limit was 40mph in one section and 35 in another, and it was pretty short too.

Yup, thats rough, not very "baja"

I went mothers day weekend 2017. Ordered mine feb '17 and took delivery late march '17. I had the dealer get me the VIN ASAP so I could secure a spot cause I thought it would sell out, dealer had never heard of raptor assault.

I think the first classes started a month or 2 earlier

edit: 60 was PLENTY, I am pretty experienced, and 60 ish was more than enough on unfamiliar terrain in someone elses truck.

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine was that too but I think the 60 mph section was a different section. I looked at previous videos from early on in the course and it looked different from the section we went

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine was that too but I think the 60 mph section was a different section. I looked at previous videos from early on in the course and it looked different from the section we went

The earlier classes got to go 60 in a full loop, which included the short stretch us later classes got.

Yup, thats rough, not very "baja"

edit: 60 was PLENTY, I am pretty experienced, and 60 ish was more than enough on unfamiliar terrain in someone elses truck.

It ended the day on a sour note for me. After hitting similar terrain at TRR around 60-70, it was almost boring. That said, 60 is indeed plenty, as that's about the safest you can go on unknown terrain and still have enough reaction time to shut it down. Heh, there's a bunch of guys at the last TRR that didn't react in time going 40, so yeah.

FWIW, I know one of the instructors has gotten up close to 80 out there, not exceeding that for the same reason as above. I also know the guy that they tell the story about now, who rolled his truck. Fluke deal, rolled from basically a standstill.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same as our class in May but it rained heavily the night before. Lots of standing water in two or three areas. 40 out, down to 20 in a section then 35. After the first direction in run one, all of the water was splashed out and the speed went back to 40/30/40.

It was just out and back, about 1/2 to one mile in length. Pretty short compared to what I've seen on YouTube videos from past years.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He was stopped at a trench talking. Accidentally hit the pedal a bit, his pedal commander was maxed out (forgot to turn it down), so it basically acted full throttle. From a standstill, his back end careened around, hit the gully, and caused him to roll over. From a stop.

So yeah, not reckless driving from going too fast out there, like they tell students now, but because Pedal commanders screw with throttle input and remove modulation capacity.