Ram RHO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of sound do you make when you stop at every other gas station and have to pay mega bucks to pay for all that Noise? If it also sounds like a farting noise, you better check your pants to be sure there nothing brown and wet in them.

Do you really think that I (or anyone driving a TRX or Raptor R) give a damn about MPG? Be honest with yourself.

If the TRX and R sound like a fart noise to you, the Peasant V6 Raptors must sound like a v a g in a fart by comparison.

And yes, I meant to call the 35 V6 Raptor a “peasant” Raptor. Since I used to have one, I am grandfathered in being able to call it that.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
Do you really think that I (or anyone driving a TRX or Raptor R) give a damn about MPG? Be honest with yourself.

If the TRX and R sound like a fart noise to you, the Peasant V6 Raptors must sound like a v a g in a fart by comparison.

And yes, I meant to call the 35 V6 Raptor a “peasant” Raptor. Since I used to have one, I am grandfathered in being able to call it that.
I didn’t say the V8s sound like that. That was a comment from someone else post. I love the sound of any engine, but am smart enough to appreciate what the rest of the world has known for a long time - that you can have fantastic performance from less than 8 cylinders.

I can’t tell you how silly the overused statement that “if can can afford a TRX or an R you don’t care about gas economy or pricing”. The longer I’m a member of the FRF the more I believe that for some here it’s more of a “conspicuous consumer” thing than it is a “truck enthusiasts” group. Do you realize that in your post, there was not a single word of performance of your truck? I guess it’s all about that sound. And to think I used to be able to do that with just a glass packed muffler. Who knew?

Honestly, what you like and what you spend your $ on is totally up to you. It’s your money and business. Some of us are older and grew up differently, and to me my Raptor will never be a just a peasant vehicle. Enjoy your opulence!

CVP33

Reaction score
Incredible truck. RAM was at least 5 years ahead of Ford, GM interiors for years…….not so much any more. The 8 speed is a known bullet-proof piece of the driveline. Suspension carryover from TRX so really the only unknown here is the Hurricane H.O. Motor. Should be interesting to watch, but simply amazed a 3.0L made that kind of power to a point engineers and accountants felt comfortable with a warranty.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
simply amazed a 3.0L made that kind of power to a point engineers and accountants felt comfortable with a warranty.
It's an inline 6. They are inherently tough compared to any V configuration engine- or a even worse, a boxer type engine. There's a reason big rigs run a huge I6 engine.

A forged roating assembly gasoline I6 can run 600 HP easy with turbos boosting it. Ultimate power is a matter of being octane limited from pump gas rather than from the hard engine parts failing. The ring package is the most critical choice in these high boosted engines- and another area where an I6 shines. The block should provide the pistons plenty of room for a robust ring package without worrying about getting into the wrist pins.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if I could have a part out of the RHO it would be the ZF8 speed. I've had some experience with them and its just a wonderful transmission, smooth, can kinda predict your moves, less gear hunting, and correct number of gears IMO. I get a tune fixes most of that, but you shouldn't have to do that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There is a substantial contingent of RR buyers who bought purely for privilege, never did anything but starbucks with the truck and found out it was practically impractical in anything other than hooning duty and at 6 figures most buyers who paid ADM were telling themselves they could afford it and afford to feed it, but found out otherwise. In fact, RIGHT here on FRF that the “O.G.” Jen Juan - V8 or die crowd started crying about EM PEE GEES back in 2010 ! https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/one-and-only-gas-mileage-thread-please.198/

Yeah, there are several really well off users here, with a fleet to prove it. And sure there are a few of us with fùck you money (not me). A lot of the F.U.M. crowd bought the truck and flipped them, or have just sat on it.
I can’t tell you how silly the overused statement that “if can can afford a TRX or an R you don’t care about gas economy or pricing”. The longer I’m a member of the FRF the more I believe that for some here it’s more of a “conspicuous consumer” thing than it is a “truck enthusiasts” group. Do you realize that in your post, there was not a single word of performance of your truck? I guess it’s all about that sound. And to think I used to be able to do that with just a glass packed muffler. Who knew?

Honestly, what you like and what you spend your $ on is totally up to you. It’s your money and business. Some of us are older and grew up differently, and to me my Raptor will never be a just a peasant vehicle. Enjoy your opulence!
BINGO!!
1714434928092.png
For a gratuitous bītch slap.
2jz was a 3.0L turbo and was pretty bullet proof to 600 hp stock
200.gif

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say the V8s sound like that. That was a comment from someone else post. I love the sound of any engine, but am smart enough to appreciate what the rest of the world has known for a long time - that you can have fantastic performance from less than 8 cylinders.

Do you realize that in your post, there was not a single word of performance of your truck?
If it was as simple as performance then we’d all be driving a Model S Plaid. But there’s more to it when it comes to enjoying a fun vehicle.

And I don’t think I needed to state the obvious and mention how much better the performance of a TRX/R is compared to the Ecoboost Raptor.