nitros on a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockafella

Reaction score
Pulled it off the internet. Entitled "good ole boys racing".

Man I was about to tell my buddies we've gotta make a trip to GA, lol.

Soooo, when's the first Off-Road Nationals? Consisting of a 1/4 mile across a freshly plowed field and a little added water to the mix. Not a mud bog, but just a good ol' day of racing 4x4's, lol.

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very very very misunderstood! And very deadly! Like they said make sure you do every bit of research you can!! I had two friends die in a car fire cause of nitrous. Even in a well built car things Can still happen. In this case a cracked head leaked nitrous out and blew up the engine. I have a deep fear of nitrous and will personally never use it but if it's done right and in moderation then you should be ok hopefully

Nitrous oxide is not flammable

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitrous the HELL out of that thing and tell us about it. If you can make 200hp more with a charger it will be safer for the engine on NOS if you know what you are doing.

It's a PITA though. My C6 Z06 made 594whp all motor 840rwhp on a 250shot. Window switched progressive wet setup and NANO. It was a lot of fun.

Rather have turbos or chargers. Easier to live with. Most recently went from big single turbo Supra to NOS C6Z to a TT Nissan (GTR). Boost is a better option. Unless funds are limited.

Do it!!

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boost it and use nitrous! Muhuhahaha
pe4y2esy.jpg

That's just water lol but it looks cool

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And post it. Please :D

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I was once told that a stock LS7 could hold only 650whp. They were wrong for that engine. Went 125-175 above that and still road raced one full season before finally selling the car 18month ago. Happy owner still has the car on the original 2006 engine making 590whp all motor.

I would never nitro a Raptor though.