New Raptor - Beware!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
frabz-One-does-not-simply-start-a-meme-thread-without-inviting-the-coo-d2749d.jpg

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I always thought the new T Case was going to be ******. Glad this guy let us know early. Ford needs to make a 2wd Raptor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This thread is in need of some MMD memes!

0ce87961a91e6fbdd7759313ab3d42ed11275578f710188379.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

I always thought the new T Case was going to be ******. Glad this guy let us know early. Ford needs to make a 2wd Raptor

I would rather have one with manual locking hubs and a manual transfer case.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's funny you bring up a 2wd Raptor...

So this afternoon I was having a lengthy heated debate with my local ford tech about some exciting news that I think everyone on frf should hear. He said its rumored ford will introduce a 2wd Raptor that features an "All-New" sophisticated drive system that only distributes power to the rear wheels. Apperantly even the 4x4 dash selector switch is being replaced by an "All-New" 12volt power point socket that is cast from authentic quality Chinese lead which keeps cost low and creates a class leading electrical conductivity to charge phones at hyper-rate speeds. The powerpoint which includes an "All-New" flip open cover is said to be the focal point of the Raptors interior. This is all new technology never seen from ford before and only available in the up coming Raptor.

So I ask, well how's this new sophisticated drive system work? He says, there's no transfer case at all, and the drive shaft connects directly to the transmission output shaft. I said no ******* way, that doesn't even sound possible!! I said how could you know you half ****** hillbilly when Ford hasn't even released the specifications on their media page! I stomped out of the dealership and vow to never return.

Deezel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All. I Love my 2012 Raptor, Ford made good on their 100K warranty and when my truck hit 95K, they replaced my completely wasted shocks. I drive 30 miles of dirt road everyday before hitting the highway, so normal Raptor owners may never need to replace theirs, but I wore mine out.

To get to the point of this...With my dirt roads, we need good vehicles. I just bought my wife a new Lariat with the FX4 package. She hates it! The shocks are terrible. I was told 2015 is the first year they are putting the same design of transfer case in the Lariat as in the new Raptor. If this is the case, I won't be buying one. Terrible vibrations when in 4A, grinding noises etc. Ford says this is normal. The dealer is perplexed and horrified as they know no one will want one. Realize the Lariat and the Raptor are actually used for the advertised purpose in our case, not just a pretty street ride or weekend warrior. We drive them like trucks EVERYDAY!

The dealer is hoping Ford steps up and fixes this mess before a recall as it is obvious there is something badly wrong. Some do it, and some do not out of all the ones they sold. I would never have paid 60K for this Lariat if I would have known. No truck should be vibrating through the floorboards and grinding starting at 600 miles. I am very disappointed in Ford and this may be the last I buy after spending over 300K in the last ten years on them. I hope they stand up and realize they have an issue, so I can enjoy the new Raptor when it releases. I am first on my dealers list when they come in...Will keep you all posted. Supposedly a Ford guy is coming out to drive the Lariat. We'll see. This NEW design going into the Raptor will be horrible in its present state. Cross your fingers!

Has the tech considered that it's probably the Same shit IWE system that is on all F150s and perhaps not the Tcase?

What trouble shooting steps have they done to rule out the IWE.

As far as the new raptor is concernced I'm very disappointed in what the looks like the re-use of the same IWE system.

See pic:

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-in-depth-feature#9

It can barely hold up to shock loading from the front LSD on the '12 up trucks let alone a fancy clutch driven AWD system.

Other than that i'm very excited to see the low end torque of the V6 TT and the 10spd trans fuel mileage. I'll definitley be holding on to my '13 until the system proves reliable.

OP
OP
cougarclaws

cougarclaws

Reaction score
They are going to do some troubleshooting on the 18th when I return the truck to the dealer, and hopefully find the issue. As I said before, I will keep you posted. Regional director for Ford service following this issue closely. Since this is a new system for the F150, there is little to go on. It could still be many things, so until we know for sure there isn't much reason to continue posting until the facts are in.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL, I will ask the dealer to remove them immediately!

So you have the 6 mode terrain management system? The one not advertised anywhere but the explorer and the 2017 Raptor?

What about the updated transmission that the transfer case connects to, the case couldn't possibly be different if bolted to a completely different transmission.

The Raptor will have at least a 100hp/100tq advantage, the FP would never beef up the internals on something that they know beyond a shadow of a doubt will be tuned and beat on.

You don't have a Raptor transfer case. You might as well say you have a Raptor since 90% of a Raptor is just F150 parts...

Last edited: