New Raptor - Beware!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cougarclaws

cougarclaws

Reaction score
So you have the 6 mode terrain management system? The one not advertised anywhere but the explorer and the 2017 Raptor?

What about the updated transmission that the transfer case connects to, the case couldn't possibly be different if bolted to a completely different transmission.

The Raptor will have at least a 100hp/100tq advantage, the FP would never beef up the internals on something that they know beyond a shadow of a doubt will be tuned and beat on.

You don't have a Raptor transfer case. You might as well say you have a Raptor since 90% of a Raptor is just F150 parts...

Well I do have a Raptor. Not arguing this anymore. The terrain system is just software....There is no answer to this until there is one.

OP
OP
cougarclaws

cougarclaws

Reaction score
Look, I'm not picking on you. I was saying your 'Ford guy' doesn't know what he's talking about - for the very reason you just posted.

Didn't say you were. Appreciate the input. Perhaps only Ford and Borg Warner know the answer. Almost any transfer case/transmission combination can be designed/manufactured to fit an unlimited number of other units. That is up to the engineers. I don't know why he would lie to me, it doesn't make sense to me, but I also don't know him personally. I shared the info I got....right or wrong.

mike.s

Reaction score
He may not have lied to you intentionally, but it is certainly possible that he was misinformed. Nothing wrong with sharing info, but it's probably best to take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited: