Mood lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Are the front map lights easy to get out or is there a trick for that too.

Thats a freakin PITA!!! you have to (I have a sunroof so it may be different but shouldn't be) open the sunglass holder but only about halfway so you can grab the light assembly, then pull and push because there are 2 hook/clip things holding it but it does come out. It kinda has to be wiggled out. Then you will see 4 clips holding the white/cream housing to the clear light piece, separate those. On the the clear light part there is a silver metal cover that has to be pulled off (very carefully because it will bend. Then the lights are there!
Put it back the same way but when you put everything back in the sunglass holder put the side closest to you in first to get around the clips.

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy crap I tried this just on the wifes f150 and I couldnt get it out. It seemed like the window side of the assembly kept hanging up. I take it there is no way to get to them just by taking the clear lens out somehow. We need a video on how to get to the front lights, I wiggled the heck out of it and it just wont come out.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
holy crap I tried this just on the wifes f150 and I couldnt get it out. It seemed like the window side of the assembly kept hanging up. I take it there is no way to get to them just by taking the clear lens out somehow. We need a video on how to get to the front lights, I wiggled the heck out of it and it just wont come out.

I made this video for the center one, if I have time I can figure out the front tomorrow.
YouTube - F150 dome light cover removal

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that would be nice, I tried again and that darn thing just wont come out.

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried again and it wont pop out. I dont want to force it too hard and break it.