Lighting recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Current setup

I have just purchased the Eivl bolt on bumper and I would love to know your recommendations on lights and please note:
1: My current lighting setup is not fulfilling my driving needs.
2: The only lights that will be used on my truck will be Baja designs.
3: A pillar Xl80’s will be part of my setup.
4: A picture of my current lighting setup that meet my needs on the F150.
5: The Evil bumper was ordered with a push bar for lights.
6: The Xl Linkable’s might not fit in the push-bar, I can only mount them behind the grill.
Your recommendations are appreciated.
https://www.eviloffroad.com/bumpers...mper-evil-offroad-heathen-2021-2022-2023-2024

Attachments

• F4A0CA21-20AE-4E89-A3E0-3356CF4E9CAD.jpeg
    F4A0CA21-20AE-4E89-A3E0-3356CF4E9CAD.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 9C7BFEB4-E35E-4BD4-8942-6F96646B29B5.png
    9C7BFEB4-E35E-4BD4-8942-6F96646B29B5.png
    338.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And what are your needs? You’ve outlined everything except what your expectations are…

OP
OP
Rednose

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And what are your needs? You’ve outlined everything except what your expectations are…
My bad I edited my post.
I would not know my current needs based on lumen numbers. But the setup on the F 150 plus A pillar Xl80’s would work for me.

I have tried all these lights separately and there were not enough.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, we need a little more clarity.

Do you need more light close in, or, do you need more light at longer distance?
A lot depends on what your off roading entails. Are you doing moderate or high speed off roading? It’s hard to beat LP9’s for distance.

You’ll need at least some wide corner lenses, or combo lenses to fill in the light in the very close zones. I would use squadron pros for this, they usually emit plenty of light for this purpose.
I’d have some kind of combo lens light as well, something that would push a little further.

For distance, I think it’s hard to go wrong with pillar mount xl80s and a pair of LP9’s
IMG_6296.jpg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean it looks like the Evil bumper you’re getting will accommodate the exact setup on the F150 that you’re saying meets your needs? Why not copy the same setup, 4X LP6s with a 20” onyx6, XL80s on the pillars.

If you really wanna blow your hair back, go 4X LP9s on the bumper.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My Current setup

I have just purchased the Eivl bolt on bumper and I would love to know your recommendations on lights and please note:
1: My current lighting setup is not fulfilling my driving needs.
2: The only lights that will be used on my truck will be Baja designs.
3: A pillar Xl80’s will be part of my setup.
4: A picture of my current lighting setup that meet my needs on the F150.
5: The Evil bumper was ordered with a push bar for lights.
6: The Xl Linkable’s might not fit in the push-bar, I can only mount them behind the grill.
Your recommendations are appreciated.
https://www.eviloffroad.com/bumpers...mper-evil-offroad-heathen-2021-2022-2023-2024

We actually have a few setups that'll save you money. Our kits include our harness which makes installation EASY.

A-Pillar Kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-a-pillar-light-kit-for-2021-ford-f-150-w-sdhq-brackets/

As for the bumper. Looks like it has holes for 7 lights. We'd need to know the measurement between the holes so we could recommend a light for you. Either Squadron lights or XL lights.

You would not need to link them together.

We also offer an LP4 Linkable Kit. This is something we came up with in-house and it's a COMPLETE KIT. If you let me know the measurement from the outside most hole (#1) and the other side's outer most hole (#7) I can tell you which kit fits.

But check out our site at www.4x4TruckLEDs.com - We're one of Baja Designs largest dealers and we have lots of options and can include a wiring harness to make your installation VERY easy.

1713200534234.png

OP
OP
Rednose

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we need a little more clarity.

Do you need more light close in, or, do you need more light at longer distance?
A lot depends on what your off roading entails. Are you doing moderate or high speed off roading? It’s hard to beat LP9’s for distance.

You’ll need at least some wide corner lenses, or combo lenses to fill in the light in the very close zones. I would use squadron pros for this, they usually emit plenty of light for this purpose.
I’d have some kind of combo lens light as well, something that would push a little further.

For distance, I think it’s hard to go wrong with pillar mount xl80s and a pair of LP9’s
View attachment 451200
Never had an experience with Lp9’s will have to give them a try.

OP
OP
Rednose

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We actually have a few setups that'll save you money. Our kits include our harness which makes installation EASY.

A-Pillar Kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-a-pillar-light-kit-for-2021-ford-f-150-w-sdhq-brackets/

As for the bumper. Looks like it has holes for 7 lights. We'd need to know the measurement between the holes so we could recommend a light for you. Either Squadron lights or XL lights.

You would not need to link them together.

We also offer an LP4 Linkable Kit. This is something we came up with in-house and it's a COMPLETE KIT. If you let me know the measurement from the outside most hole (#1) and the other side's outer most hole (#7) I can tell you which kit fits.

But check out our site at www.4x4TruckLEDs.com - We're one of Baja Designs largest dealers and we have lots of options and can include a wiring harness to make your installation VERY easy.

View attachment 451296
Evil reply: The outer most light mount hole to the other outer most is 30"... We normally run 6" round lights or 9" round lights. You can also run most 30" Light Bars...

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score