Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m confused - what he’s saying here?

So, a 35 will run 37pp wheels fine but if you have different offset wheels they wont clear bumps?
He’s saying that 37s on a 35 truck will hit the fenders at full compression. Those running wheels with more offset from factory will be even worse as it pushes the wheel further out and will have even less clearance at full compression. This is because it pushes the wheel further out which causes the wheel to hit the fender flare area and not tuck inside the wheel well. But even factory offset 37pp wheels will not clear 37s on a 35 truck.

The 37 trucks from the factory have an additional bump stop bumper that limits travel and thus keeps wheel from hitting the fenders. Aftermarket springs do not limit travel and only affect ride height so that has no effect on this issue.

The people here saying they are running 37s without issue are only talking about street driving and not experiencing rubbing while turning. If they were to actually use full travel they’d probably end up with some serious damage.

Last edited:

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s saying that 37s on a 35 truck will hit the fenders at full compression. Those running wheels with more offset from factory will be even worse as it pushes the wheel further out and will have even less clearance at full compression. This is because it pushes the wheel further out which causes the wheel to hit the fender flare area and not tuck inside the wheel well. But even factory offset 37pp wheels will not clear 37s on a 35 truck.

The 37 trucks from the factory have an additional bump stop bumper that limits travel and thus keeps wheel from hitting the fenders. Aftermarket springs do not limit travel and only affect ride height so that has no effect on this issue.

The people here saying they are running 37s without issue are only talking about street driving and not experiencing rubbing while turning. If they were to actually use full travel they’d probably end up with some serious damage.
Ah gotcha. That’s good clarification.

So, solution is to get some bumps to mitigate said issue - maybe. Also wondering if there is any difference in travel for guys going with the Fox Race Series Shocks.one way to find out, I guess… lol

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It makes sense. But then we have video of the guy running his 35 raptor with 37" icon wheels? +6 offset I thought? Doing 75mph whoop and full send jumping just fine.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah gotcha. That’s good clarification.

So, solution is to get some bumps to mitigate said issue - maybe. Also wondering if there is any difference in travel for guys going with the Fox Race Series Shocks.one way to find out, I guess… lol
Maybe for the rear but the front bump stops are integrated in the shocks. Ford/Fox has installed an additional rubber bumper on the shock shaft of the 37 trucks (on 35 trucks there is only a single rubber bumper). There’s no Gen3 specific shocks yet but I’d assume there will have to be different kits when released.

I recently installed a SVC rear air bump stop kit and they have specific kits for 35 and 37 trucks.

It makes sense. But then we have video of the guy running his 35 raptor with 37" icon wheels? +6 offset I thought? Doing 75mph whoop and full send jumping just fine.

There’s definitely some truth to this. I believe the expedition off-road guys are running 37s and obviously have put ton of off-road miles. Not sure of their suspension setup and there’s also a range of actual sizes for tires listed as “37”. But there’s also the question of why Ford would go through the trouble of limiting travel if there wasn’t clearance issues…