Gen 3 Modem/TCU unresponsive ... unable to remove previous owner from FordPass app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
leonardopessoa
Reaction score
Not really, that’s entirely dealership relations. Maybe ask if the installer can accompany you to the dealer to show them how the TCU can be accessed without removing the insulation? It sounds like the dealer is just being obstinate at this point.
I've searched a lot and can't find a picture or diagram on where the TCU is installed. Would you know by any chance? Thanks again for chiming in.

Update: Lebanon Ford is the real deal now. They are replacing my clunky rear shocks with no questions asked. They tried clearing codes to solve the Pre-Collision alert issue but that didn't do. Guess we will go back to the TCU debate again but this time I'm going in person to have a chat about its location and how can they access it without tearing my sound system apart.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've searched a lot and can't find a picture or diagram on where the TCU is installed. Would you know by any chance? Thanks again for chiming in.

Update: Lebanon Ford is the real deal now. They are replacing my clunky rear shocks with no questions asked. They tried clearing codes to solve the Pre-Collision alert issue but that didn't do. Guess we will go back to the TCU debate again but this time I'm going in person to have a chat about its location and how can they access it without tearing my sound system apart.
It’s located behind the rear seat back mounted to the rear of the cab below the window. Right next to the subwoofer and amplifier.

OP
OP
leonardopessoa
Reaction score
It’s located behind the rear seat back mounted to the rear of the cab below the window. Right next to the subwoofer and amplifier.
Got it and found it! So unless they want to replace the TCU *again* AND re-do all the harnesses, there is really no reason why they should touch any of my sound system, I reckon?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got it and found it! So unless they want to replace the TCU *again* AND re-do all the harnesses, there is really no reason why they should touch any of my sound system, I reckon?
Depends how it’s wired into the truck, it can still be contributing to the issue. The factory amplifier is on one of the high speed networks.

OP
OP
leonardopessoa
Reaction score
Depends how it’s wired into the truck, it can still be contributing to the issue. The factory amplifier is on one of the high speed networks.
Thanks, let's see what they come back with.

Just strikes me how there are so many people with aftermarket amplifiers with no issues to TCU/Modem.