Windshield Cracked from edge- no chips. ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal993

Reaction score
I was stopped at the end of my driveway- a paved, flat surface. I heard a sound like “shifting” and the window cracked.

Has anyone else had this happen? The surface is smooth and free of impact signs anywhere near the crack/run.

Acted like a stress crack.

CPO, Gold warranty until 125k

Is this warranty? Insurance? SOL? hahaha

thanks!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
** update- there was indeed a tiny nick in the middle of the crack/run- so the crack went 2 directions from the nick.

FYI: Safelite OEM Ford glass & recalibration - 8 days from now- $1,340
Call your insurance company, might get it free.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, don't you have glass coverage? My comprehensive includes full glass with zero deductible. And when the truck is new, Safelite will push for OEM glass.

And yes, on my Gen 2 I had a crack develop by the heating element and there was absolutely no nick, no hit anywhere.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
** update- there was indeed a tiny nick in the middle of the crack/run- so the crack went 2 directions from the nick.

FYI: Safelite OEM Ford glass & recalibration - 8 days from now- $1,340
You are getting ripped off... first, call your insurance. Second, INSIST on OEM glass, they will want to use some aftermarket shit. I paid $500 for OEM glass and recalibration.

OP
OP
H

Hal993

Reaction score
I called this afternoon. Insurance is full deductible on glass (TN) and will not pay for OEM. - I asked, the agent said it was not approved.

4 cars (2 teen drivers) and 2 boats on the account. GEICO is losing a heck of a lot more than the cost of 1 windshield. We will be leaving GEICO post haste.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Safelite OEM Ford glass & recalibration - 8 days from now- $1,340
I’ll do it for you for $1240, and I’ll have a Ford service department do the ( 95% likely not needed ) recalibration for you and still make small profit for my time.
I called this afternoon. Insurance is full deductible on glass (TN) and will not pay for OEM. - I asked, the agent said it was not approved.

4 cars (2 teen drivers) and 2 boats on the account. GEICO is losing a heck of a lot more than the cost of 1 windshield. We will be leaving GEICO post haste.

GEICO are smarmy scumbags. Good luck if you, insured by them are struck by another driver, insured by them. They made quite the show out of trying to wait my mother out, and settled literally the day before court. A pox be upon them, their families and all that they know.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are getting ripped off... first, call your insurance. Second, INSIST on OEM glass, they will want to use some aftermarket shit. I paid $500 for OEM glass and recalibration.
I went to the shop the insurance company is in bed with and they charged the insurance company $900 for OEM glass and calibration. Two weeks ago. Depending on the cost of labor, rent, and insurance, I could believe $1300 if you're in a high-cost state.