College Research Project For Raptor:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I think a raptor would be a better choice over a dodge anyday. Cummings is good engine bout all they got. Unless your hauling large goosenecks or 5+ horses/cows I wouldn't get a diesel. Most people that buy a cowboy cadilac are compensating for something else. We call them a 50k ***** extention(no offense). The raptor is more then capable of being fun and still being able to tow 8k. Best part about half ton cheaper to fix when they run out of warranty over any diesel. Diesels are nice and even nicer being in Cali where your fuel is regulated. Also you don't have to worry about cold weather reliability of a diesel in Cali. Anyways good luck with your research project!

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone for your replies, support, and comments! I'm very excited about this project, and today is class so I will have more information for y'all later! Currently I am in the process of securing a test-drive with the local Ford dealership, but I was wondering if there was anyone that is in the immediate area or can provide some videos for us, via email, for what the Raptor can do!

The video that comes to mind, that gave me the idea for this subject, was the Top Gear road test from the American version (NOT my favorite version mind you). The road test just shows the viewers that its abilities are astounding for something that you can buy right from the showroom floor and start off-roading!
Let me know if you'd be interested, and please note that your video would ONLY be used for the presentation for the class! Also if you would like to submit your own information about the Raptor, and prefer not to do it on here, we've set up an email for the group: [email protected]

Feel free to contact this email with any and all information you'd like to provide for our project; whether it be reviews, preferences, "needed" modifications, etc. it doesn't matter because every little bit helps! :)

Mrs-JeeperMatt

I appreciate your enthusiasm about being able to drive from the showroom to the trails - but you really should put a disclaimer in about having experience in wheeling. There's been more than one body extracted via helicopter in my area due to trail accidents (in other 4wheel vehicles), and it's entirely preventable by travelling with experienced riders. We have a thread on "offroading" here somewhere here which can give some basic advice on how to play with the Raptor on the trails - but one should never go alone.

Other than that, I'll try and find time this weekend to post some information for you about my experiences in playing with this truck.

Cheers,
JP