Can You Hear Me Now? "Dearborn, We Have a Problem"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Ric. My Raptor is one of the early ones and it's had some issues. Even with that, it's been awesome and reliable from day one. My Raptor's "issues" make it possible for your more recent owners to enjoy your Raptor experience that much more as Ford went to school on mine and the other early birds :)

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ric. My Raptor is one of the early ones and it's had some issues. Even with that, it's been awesome and reliable from day one. My Raptor's "issues" make it possible for your more recent owners to enjoy your Raptor experience that much more as Ford went to school on mine and the other early birds :)

:agree: and thanks!

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yet Another Microphone Problem!!! This is beyond ridiculous

Microphone #3 died this week. SYNC listens but can't hear.

Time for yet another trip to the dealership so they can install yet another 99 cent POS microphone that's glued onto the headliner as a replacement for the POS microphone they put into the mirrors in the early Raptors.

I'm tired of this ****. Ford needs to come up with a fix that actually works. I don't have the time to keep going to the dealership so they can put in another Radio Shack microphone made in China.

I suspect it's not the microphone - there must be another cause for this repeated problem. Anyone know who I can talk to at Ford about this so I can stop this cycle of having to take my Raptor to the dealership so they can install another stick-on microphone that'll work for a few weeks/months and then go out again?

Taking it to the dealer isn't going to fix this problem once and for all.

This will be 4 microphones plus the original factory one in the mirror in 12 months!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I don't think you're going to get around taking it to the dealer, again, but (and I'm saying this seriously) if you're that fed up tell them you're investigating your options under the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act... aka the "Lemon Law". The law specifically applies to 4 or more repair attempts (see here, section B, case (2) http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon.php)

Tell them you're that fed up, and that they really need to solve it this time before things escalate further.

Good luck Dan. :(

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks BigJ.

I didn't want to mention the lemon law thing because that's not my intention at all. I just want this fixed right and not have to keep going back and back and back...

Is there a regional Ford guy I can contact? Will the dealer do that for me if I ask them to?

shutterstock_25275943.jpg

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm normally I would have asked Mark. But he's moved on :(

Everyone else I know is in marketing I'm afraid. Not gonna able to be too helpful, but I'll ask...

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks J but I didn't mean for this to be for you; I should have been more clear. I was asking the members if they know of a way I can get this escalated past the dealer to Ford.

I want to end this Groundhog Day cycle and I'm not sure that'll happen by going back to the dealer.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan did they ever reprogram and recalibrate the sync? That is one of the first things on the TSB. My old dealership would not replace the mic until after they reprogramed it and it got a little better but I still need the other mic installed. Also there are 2 TSBs for the Sync right I think your problem is a little of both. I'll look them up on Monday when I go back to school.