6.2 Borla Sport or Corsa Extreme

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
I've got the sport, I'm gonna give it a thousand or so miles and I'm going to add an intake before making any final decisions but I see a resonator delete in my future. Still sounds great though.

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive ordered the s type, and from what I have read after the fact, it is not much lounder than stock... anyone with first hand experience comment?

I guess the s type leaves the stock resinator on for some reason.

wonder if corsas resinator delete would work with s type

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ive ordered the s type, and from what I have read after the fact, it is not much lounder than stock... anyone with first hand experience comment?

I guess the s type leaves the stock resinator on for some reason.

wonder if corsas resinator delete would work with s type

It should. The Borla S Type and the Corsa Sport both connect to the factory mid-pipe slip fit, so in that respect they are identical. The Corsa res delete pipe is a direct replacement for the factory mid-pipe, sans resonator. Can't see any reason why it wouldn't work!

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should. The Borla S Type and the Corsa Sport both connect to the factory mid-pipe slip fit, so in that respect they are identical. The Corsa res delete pipe is a direct replacement for the factory mid-pipe, sans resonator. Can't see any reason why it wouldn't work!

Awesome! thanks for the reply...prob gunna end up trying this out.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So on Fords racing website the difference between the touring and the s type is the lack of resonator on the s type, they both have 2 mufflers, only difference I can tell is the attachment mid pipe . Then you go to Borlas website and the s type is completely different with only one muffler.single in dual out. So why is everybody saying that it's identical?

Malibu1

Reaction score
I am a newb to the Raptor Scene and have been looking at the Corsa Xtreme and Borla S systems. From what I can tell from listening to the two systems is that the Borla seems to have a little bit lower and deeper/mellow sound compared to the Corsa. The Corsa to me sounding a little raspier. Would this be an accurate assumption on my part?

Do the Tips on the Corsa look ok in person being they Y off from the 3inch pipe vs the Borla dual tips off the dual 2.5 pipes?

Thanks!

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/embed/7YOTw-xrqAA?feature=oembed

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p9cIX2DEp5A&feature=youtu.be

I felt the same way about the two systems. The corsa sounds good, it would be my second choice at this point...just think the ford racing sounds fuller/deeper...the corsa sounds deep too but it's more of a high pitch deep which to me sounds a little hollow if that makes since...but still sounds good though..just different strokes for different folks

First video is the ford racing sport made by Borla. Second corsa extreme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with Borla. At least they'll send it to you when you give them your money?

I'm coming up on 3 weeks with no shipment notification (corsa extreme) :fca5278d: