Bojangles checking in.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bojangles

welcome!! Where's your partner in crime? I've seen some cool vids of you guys tearin' it up in the dez!!

Welcome man! I think you'll probably recognize quite a few names here and we've also added a bunch of good members as well. Likebstoner59 said, you need to get your "blue Raptor" drivin' buddy here, he knows alot of us too. I'm sure you'll find your time here well worth it......you know, like not having links deleted or changed and the ability to see and hear about ANYTHING Raptor related. Shame you couldn't have made it out to the Roundup, I know you're all about airing out yours;)

I have a feeling he'll mosey on over.... I love making desert videos, but hate uploading them to youtube! Takes years. I've got some more stuff pending upload I hope to have up for you guys soon.

We're glad to have you. Welcome!

Glad to know there is another drummer around here! What kind of beats do you play John?

Welcome to this side and go tell Julian to come on over. Your vids are great and you will like it over here. Enjoy!!!!

Gracias! ...and may I say that is one beautiful white Raptor sans graphics in your avatar. You have excellent taste! Reminds me of the big white StormTrooper sitting in my driveway

get Raptorguy21 over here....there goes the neighborhood!

The neighborhood went to hell the moment you showed up on the block, my friend.

This place is in trouble now, lol.
Welcome

you got that right!

Welcome aboard!! What trips have you done in TX and NM?

Thanks! Mostly day trips in Santa Teresa, NM.... there are a ton of fantastic spots out there with all types of terrain and challenges... offroad vehicles of damn near every kind and its 20 minutes from home so I usually go play out there due to the sheer convenience of it. There is also a famous hot-spot around here called Red Sands (east of El Paso) that Julian and I have been talking about going to for the last 2 weekends, but Saturday morning bloody marys keep derailing our plans! Maybe next weekend. They even have sponsored mini-Baja races, hill climbing challenges, sand drags, etc etc etc with big crowds out there.
I do want to start taking longer trips to new terrain soon though, feel free to throw me any recommendations.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Seems like a cool group of people over here.
:pepper:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I do want to start taking longer trips to new terrain soon though, feel free to throw me any recommendations.

There are some areas in the Lincoln National Forest in south central NM that I have spent quite a bit of time in about 15 years ago. Beautiful area. It is north of McKittrick Canyon. To get there, take Co Rd. 412 (Guadalupe Ridge Rd) south, off of Hwy 137 (the turn-off is west of Queen). There is quite a lot to explore back there. Here is a link (not mine, Google!!) that shows a hiking trip in that area: http://thecommonmilkweed.blogspot.com/2009/11/dog-canyon-to-mckittrick-canyon-through.html
Here is a link to a map of the area (look at the area map): http://www.nps.gov/gumo/planyourvisit/maps.htm

I don't remember any of the trails being tight, but it has been a while and things do change over time.

OP
OP
B

Bojangles

There are some areas in the Lincoln National Forest in south central NM that I have spent quite a bit of time in about 15 years ago. Beautiful area. It is north of McKittrick Canyon. To get there, take Co Rd. 412 (Guadalupe Ridge Rd) south, off of Hwy 137 (the turn-off is west of Queen). There is quite a lot to explore back there. Here is a link (not mine, Google!!) that shows a hiking trip in that area: http://thecommonmilkweed.blogspot.com/2009/11/dog-canyon-to-mckittrick-canyon-through.html
Here is a link to a map of the area (look at the area map): http://www.nps.gov/gumo/planyourvisit/maps.htm

I don't remember any of the trails being tight, but it has been a while and things do change over time.

Thanks Kaiser.... I've done some backpacking out in that area and fishing etc out at the Gila but never offroading (yet).
There's some beautiful country out there for sure!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Fins fan! Glad to have you here.

Little by little the oppressed and the banned are finding their way over here. That lightness you feel is a reminder of what it's like to be on a Raptor forum without having its owner on your back :mrgreen:

I hope you'll enjoy your time here almost as much as when you're out Raptoring.

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'allo Ladies and Gents,

Some of you may know me from the other site, who knows, some of you may already despise me for my knack for taking things off-topic and egging on the BIRDMAYNE with counter-punches.... anyhow, I've seen a lot of quality posting over here in my recent lurking and wanted to chime in.

My name's Ben, my Raptor romps in west Texas and southern New Mexico, I like snowboarding and wakeboarding, and I play the drums and percussion (mostly indie and electronica). I love me some Miami dolphins and NFL football and am a bit of a jokester.

I've got a white 6.2 with everything except graphics and man-step, and it's no street queen. My Raptor is 2 months old, well covered in desert scratches, and I cannot get the smile tattooed off of my face every time my rubber meets the dirt.

I'm looking forward to some informative Raptor-chat and some good laughs with you all.
:cheers:

Hey Bo! FlounderStalker here. This site is 100 times easier to navigate, but it's not as edgy. Great to see ya here.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Welcome man! I think you'll probably recognize quite a few names here and we've also added a bunch of good members as well. Likebstoner59 said, you need to get your "blue Raptor" drivin' buddy here, he knows alot of us too. I'm sure you'll find your time here well worth it......you know, like not having links deleted or changed and the ability to see and hear about ANYTHING Raptor related. Shame you couldn't have made it out to the Roundup, I know you're all about airing out yours;)

Welcome to this side and go tell Julian to come on over. Your vids are great and you will like it over here. Enjoy!!!!

get Raptorguy21 over here....there goes the neighborhood!

Sup homies?!?!