Any 2012's delivered w/ spray-in yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nogm4me

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Falls under 3/36. I also think if it is done at the factory it will be "better". I don't like watching the prep for the spray-ins done aftermarket. Again, just my opinion.

OP
OP
nogm4me

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well looks like I may be the first. I called SVT and talked to the really nice fella who is the voice on the answering machine. Super nice, super easy, and I was super impressed. I asked him if he could give me an update and he asked for the last 5 #'s of my VIN. He told me the truck is in transit and will be delivered on March 29th with the spray in liner done at the factory. I asked him if he was sure and he said yes. So far I'm happy I've been a FMC guy since our first new vehicle purchase in 1994. The fella at SVT was super nice and my experience so far has been great. Folks I've talked to who hear we are getting a Raptor are impressed. My sons friends dad we talked to yesterday has an '06 straight 6 cyl. "off road ready" Jeep with a snorkel that is nice..........he he............ when I asked him what MPG he gets he laughed and said 11. He said "Awesome" when we said Raptor. Feelin purdy good today. Dave

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well looks like I may be the first. I called SVT and talked to the really nice fella who is the voice on the answering machine. Super nice, super easy, and I was super impressed. I asked him if he could give me an update and he asked for the last 5 #'s of my VIN. He told me the truck is in transit and will be delivered on March 29th with the spray in liner done at the factory. I asked him if he was sure and he said yes. So far I'm happy I've been a FMC guy since our first new vehicle purchase in 1994. The fella at SVT was super nice and my experience so far has been great. Folks I've talked to who hear we are getting a Raptor are impressed. My sons friends dad we talked to yesterday has an '06 straight 6 cyl. "off road ready" Jeep with a snorkel that is nice..........he he............ when I asked him what MPG he gets he laughed and said 11. He said "Awesome" when we said Raptor. Feelin purdy good today. Dave

Any updates? Did you get it and how does the liner look?

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my dealer had our local LineX shop do mine....added a day to the delivery. What's the advantage of ordering it through Ford?

not much i can see. i was at the NADA show a few months ago, and asked the ford rep directly, "so who is going to repair these things once all the bedliner guys go under?" His response was that ford had a patch kit available. sounds like my kinda service!:waytogo:

after being in and around this industry for over 10 years, i will tell you, i dont care how accurate that the machine is spraying these things, i think a human will always do better.

OP
OP
nogm4me

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVT and dealer said truck was scheduled to arrive on 3/29/2012. Today is April 2 and my salesman doesn't know where the truck is. He said he put it on "high priority delivery", but that is starting to sound like "double secret probation". Not delivered as of today. Dave

OP
OP
nogm4me

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it yesterday April 3rd with bedliner spray in! Beautiful Job by FMC! Beautiful job! Dave

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it yesterday April 3rd with bedliner spray in! Beautiful Job by FMC! Beautiful job! Dave

I spent so many hours running tests to generate a torque for that application. Its so hard to create a torque when you are running down onto any poly surface... The engineering management fought hard to not allow that as a option because its not east to do... But, other manufactures are doing it so Ford had to find a way... I would like to see some close up pics of the bed bolts if you dont mind...

OP
OP
nogm4me

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll post pics as soon as I can, but work is slammin' which is good as our truck says we're getting 11.3MPG. When I take my foot off the gas going down hill the green thing goes to 30MPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to figure out how to do that all the time! Maybe adding a windmill, a solar panel, and a nice hybrid emblem will help me get there. Anyway..... the liner really is nice and I will post pics Friday or Sat.. I am blessed that I am busy with work. Getting lots of looks and compliments. Neighbor asked if we could just leave it outside so he could look at it from his house. A friend told me to give her the keys so she could steal the "Red Hot Rod"! Dave