2018 Leadfoot "Decade Long Build"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Would leave the exploder alone. They are great for the wifey and family kids and pets.. Have you leveled your truck?

Was thinking just some basic aesthetic stuff she wanted on the exploder. Black out some trim and try to find a way to mount a small amber Rigid bar in the front to deal with the intense fog/snow of the PNW.

I haven't leveled the truck out and honestly probably wont. The stock rake doesn't bother me and if I'm going to touch the suspension at all, it will be years and years down the road after the warranty is up. Id like to rip it all out then and replace everything with King 3.0's all around, a bump stop kit with King's, Deaver +3's in the rear w/ a long travel shackle, and a billet UCA. I have run Camburg, Fox and Deaver on my last build so I'm purely considering a full swap just to be able to say I've tried something else.

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rappy Graphics Decals

These decals have probably been my favorite addition to the truck so far. I wanted a completely matte black and Leadfoot color scheme and i think these were perfect for that look. To be completely honest, most of what i picked out isn't even noticed by anyone other than me and I'm completely okay with that. I went really big on my last F150 build and i wanted this one to feel different. I wanted the items i added to make the truck look as if it could have come like that from Ford. To me, these decals make all the difference and have made the truck look even better.

I cleaned the truck throughly before application and also used 93% isopropyl alcohol to wipe down the surface just prior to applying them. I also used RapidTac (from Amazon) on the decals just before i put them on which gave me the freedom to mess around and line everything up perfectly before they were set. I cant recommend the product enough as it allowed me to easily correct mistakes and saved me from ruining them if i didn't get it right the first try.

IMG_3042.jpeg IMG_3043.jpeg IMG_3044.jpeg IMG_3045.jpeg IMG_3032.jpeg

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Window Tint

In order to hopefully match the factory tint i decided to go with Xpel PRIME XR tint in 20%. I was nervous about the cost behind the ceramic tint but i must say that so far I'm very happy that i went with a higher quality tint. It matches perfectly IMHO and isn't so dark that it impedes my ability to see at night.

CMCC6918.jpeg WWUC1387.jpeg KBLR3227.jpeg

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Organization Tools

I couldn't decide whether or not these next few items would have a useful impact in the truck but after having them for a few months now, i couldn't be happier. The under-seat organizer in the back only becomes a problem when i have both car seats in at the same tie and need something out of the bin. Its not a huge dealbreaker for me but some folks may be annoyed by having to remove a carseat when they need to access that storage area. I also got the console organizer and another tray to hold items inside the center console. It allows me to keep everything really neat and organized and I've enjoyed having that since now i don't have to dig through all this random stuff inside of there anytime i need something.

IMG_3063.jpeg IMG_3064.jpeg IMG_3028.jpeg IMG_3029.jpeg

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear Seat Protectors

Having two boys, both in carseats, meant i had to get something to protect the back of the driver and passenger seats. I found these on Amazon and really enjoy the fact that they have all elastic straps. They contour the seats perfectly but also have enough stretch to allow easy access to the pouch on the back of either seat thats normally blocked by the covers.

IMG_3030.jpeg

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door Sill Protectors

Found these on Etsy of all places and for the price, i dont think i could of asked for more. Instillation was super easy and with just a little help from a heat gun, these went on perfectly.

IMG_3031.jpeg IMG_3033.jpeg

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cerakote Ceramic

Ive read so many different reviews on this product and after what happened to the plastics on my last F150, i was really interested in finding something that could prevent the same thing happening again. When it comes to applying this stuff i cant emphasize enough the importance of tapping off EVERYTHING you can. Spend the time going around and tapping off anything that could even remotely get accidentally brushed against while applying this coating. I spent roughly 2 hours tapping off the entire truck and still had spots i missed that inadvertently received a small amount of this coating. It's very difficult to go back and correct but is worth every second of effort when you see how much it transforms all the plastics on the truck. I coated every single piece of black plastic on the outside of the truck and even through multiple washes and some harsh weather, it still looks amazing. IMG_3038.jpegIMG_3039.jpeg

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RokBlokz Mud Flaps/Fender Flares/AMSOIL HDMP

While i know mud flaps on a Raptor is a "sin" in the same way painting fender flares is, I still chose to do both. The chemicals used on the roads up here in the PNW are really rough on paint and metal parts so i opted to go for functionality over looks in this category of mods. I read countless reviews of different mud flaps and decided to pick RokBlokz over the competition based off two things. First was the material used which, as many previous customers had stated, was rigid enough to hold its own while also being flexible enough to not rip off the entire fender flare should something happen. The second was the ease of instillation. This is my first time ever owning a nice vehicle and i was very skeptical of drilling a bunch of holes into my newly painted fenders. The instillation instructions were spot on and overall it took just under and hour to get them all on with the help of some friends.

To go to the extreme in trying to protect my truck from the winters here i also ordered a case of AMSOIL HDMP and applied a generous amount to just about anything that mattered under the truck. Its extremely easy to apply and has withstood several washes so far during the winter. I also added a single layer of Xpel Stealth on the inside of all the fender flares before i installed the mud flaps in hopes that it would prevent the salt/sand combo used on the roads here from blasting through the pained fender flares.

IMG_3040.jpeg IMG_3041.jpeg IMG_3046.jpeg IMG_3049.jpeg IMG_3059.jpeg