GEN 2 1 Mile Remote Starter range via new fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Xtinct

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do believe you can set Forscan in the Gen 2 to allow you to work the front windows from the remote.

I too think that is an option, I did not try it because I wanted control of all 5 windows. Plus once you get used to NEVER rolling a window up, taking a second to push the roll up button seems like a task. :rotflmao:

I cant tell you how many times I had to go back and roll up the windows after leaving the truck, because I was not used to that manual step, before I installed the Viper.

OP
OP
Xtinct

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does this system install? Do you have to hack up the stock harness or is it some kind of plug and play? I am never one to trust aftermarket electronics, I’ve seen the damage that can be done to the OE circuitry and modules one too many times.
Either or, depends on which system you select and how many features you want to enable. I installed it myself, I would not trust the install to anyone else.

OP
OP
Xtinct

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you explain this a little more?

You dont want to know. I built an entire module on my own to interface and help with integration and control of those features, it was a fun winter project.

This winter the tune and power upgrades begin!

OP
OP
Xtinct

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to splice into wires to install these systems. however due to the data modules, its much less risky now. on the current platform f150 there are 2 sets of can data that the modules reads. this pretty much controls everything after you flash the module to the truck. i believe theres a t harness available as well, but im not sure if it makes all the connections.

That is all correct. The worst part of the wiring is my truck is fully loaded, there were open wire slots for the rear door wiring plug behind the grommets but the front doors had none, so had to carfully add a couple slots for the power control wires. Doable but it is a very advanced level of difficulty to stay within the factory harness.