Zen carbon airbag horn cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alex323

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I ordered. Zen carbon fiber leather stitched airbag horn cover. I was under the impression that it was whole airbag but when it arrived it’s just the outside cover. I’m familiar with removing the airbag module from the steering wheel.

However, no clue how to take off the OEM horn cover to be able to install the new one without it blowing up in my face.

Has anyone done this? If so please share tips thanks!

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call Zen, since they sell the cover I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

PBpb

Reaction score
I did this swap last year. A bit sketchy but it went well. I think I had to unscrew four bolts and then the top cover just pulled off. after that, just be very careful to not unfold the airbag and slip it out and quickly back in the new one. I did not take any photos because I was sketched out!

20231207_162011.jpg

Last edited:

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this swap last year. A bit sketchy but it went well. I think I had to unscrew four bolts and then the top cover just pulled off. after that, just be very careful to not unfold the airbag and slip it out and quickly back in the new one. I did not take any photos because I was sketched out!

View attachment 462024
That looks really nice, I like it !