WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brd o pry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering placing an order for icon stage 2 suspension, deaver +2 leaf springs, UCA's, and tie rods tomorrow which would pretty much complete my build. Only other thing that I think I may add at some point would be a gusset kit w/ bumpstops. What do you guys think, pull the trigger? Outlaw has pretty good price right now for the icon's. :grd:
What ever you go with just make sure all parts are compatible. there can be possible clearance or interference issues by mixing and matching. I talked to Icon a while back and they are working on a bumpstop kit to work with their shocks.

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What ever you go with just make sure all parts are compatible. there can be possible clearance or interference issues by mixing and matching. I talked to Icon a while back and they are working on a bumpstop kit to work with their shocks.

I am at the point where I am going to remove the fox air bumps. Because no matter how I adjust the ICONs can not get a soft daily driver without pogo off bump stops. Can crank down everything to stay off bump stops then it is too stiff.
To solve the issue, i am going to take them off until i need them...

-Greg

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am at the point where I am going to remove the fox air bumps. Because no matter how I adjust the ICONs can not get a soft daily driver without pogo off bump stops. Can crank down everything to stay off bump stops then it is too stiff.

-Greg

From what I understand the icons have fairly good bottom out resistance on their own if setup properly.

What bump stops do you have? I wonder if possibly shorter stroke bump stops would help?

Last edited:

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing a RPG 3 or 4 upgrade at a later date once I get my funds back in order after the holidays. Question is... SDHQ's frame support worth getting? I just don't want something to happen from now til then... I don't plan on jumping by any means but I do rip offroad is it worth getting for how cheap it is?

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score

-Greg

Food for thought..
The Light Racing bumps have adjustable compression and rebound dampening built into them. This is the hot ticket for my truck I just cracked down the rebound and lighten up the compression. This keeps the bottom portion of the shock in control.
These can be had from our friends at SDHQ..

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

I plan on doing a RPG 3 or 4 upgrade at a later date once I get my funds back in order after the holidays. Question is... SDHQ's frame support worth getting? I just don't want something to happen from now til then... I don't plan on jumping by any means but I do rip offroad is it worth getting for how cheap it is?

Short answer is "yes"....
One of the very first things that I did to my tuck was install SDHQ's frame plates. It's $100 spent well..
Plus regardless of what bump kit you install later they don't have to be removed and will complement your future upgrades..

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the shout out wiz! Nice when happy customers do work for us. Lol.

But like Wiz was saying, the major benefits of the light racing bumpstops is that they only come into play the last few inches of travel whereas the FOX's or Kings have such a long stroke on them that you hit them going over speed bumps or drainage washouts in the road. This can greatly reduce the on-road ride. A rear end set-up with ICON's adjustable rear bypasses and our bump kit provides fantastic on-road capabilities while being able to adjust for the most punishing off road terrain.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score

-Greg
Alternately, you can also just bleed ALL of the pressure from the top of the bump... and then you can push them up into the body of the bump and they'll stay retracted. At least then you still have a physical "last resort" bump pad that isn't the frame or the shock being bottomed violently if you have a real hard hit.

I did this to begin with, and it worked well. However, I've since recharged it, at a lower pressure.