Wilwood Aero 6 Brake Kit at Hammer Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm first hand that the kit can be installed with 2019-2020 factory bead lock wheels without modifications (spacers, etc.)? Also, it appears the factory dust shields need to be removed?

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm first hand that the kit can be installed with 2019-2020 factory bead lock wheels without modifications (spacers, etc.)? Also, it appears the factory dust shields need to be removed?
No spacers are necessary for the 19-20 factory beadlocks.

The factory dust shields do need to be removed for proper rotor fitment

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What pad compound do they come with? Interested to see if folks can go more aggressive and make them perform closer to the Alcons. Or find that "balance" of wear, noise, performance. My biggest complaint with the Alcons is maintenance costs and pad taper.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What pad compound do they come with? Interested to see if folks can go more aggressive and make them perform closer to the Alcons. Or find that "balance" of wear, noise, performance. My biggest complaint with the Alcons is maintenance costs and pad taper.
Solid questions -

Wilwood calls it their Polymatrix compound. I have close friends at wilwood that ive talked extensively about this kit as they helped with the project and they describe this as their “pre runner compound”. Its everything a Raptor owner should want for aggressive braking, strong grip, and even wear. I believe its rated as their second strongest pad compound.

Dust is minimal so far in my experience even full sending it offroad. My inner wheel barrels dont have a lot of dust at any time compared to the Alcons I had on my gen 2.

I cant rate their comparison fairly even though ive ran both. I feel stock for stock the gen 3 already brakes better. Then factor my gen 2 ran 35s, gen 3 runs 37, etc. but if I had to guess theyre very very similar in performance. Alcons coming out with their gen 3 kit in 6-8 weeks supposedly. Depending on how much itd be out of pocket for me Id possibly be willing to grab a set and try to compared then decide which to keep. But for an extra $2k itd honestly have to be a pretty significant performance gap. I loved my Alcons. I really did and always said they were my second favorite mod on my gen 2. But my complaint was always the price and dust on them.

Maintenance is much cheaper. I can get people new pads/rotors for their wilwood kits for around $380 ish compared to 800+ on Alcons.

I also tell people ill do new pads/rotors from people who buy Wilwoods from me for a bit of a discount as well.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only thing that seems weird to me is that they call for red loctite on the caliper bolts and need to take them off to replace the pads since the entire caliper needs to be taken off.
Just seems overkill and a pain in the ass for maintenance, i could see blue but red?

OKflyswatter

Reaction score
I’m definitely curious how much it costs! I’m interested, but I’m also saving money preparing to get bent over and stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey by our government when taxes are due in a few months.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
only thing that seems weird to me is that they call for red loctite on the caliper bolts and need to take them off to replace the pads since the entire caliper needs to be taken off.
Just seems overkill and a pain in the ass for maintenance, i could see blue but red?
That suggestion wasn't from an engineer on the ground floor, it was from a corporate lawyer. In the penthouse office.