Why order a low profile exhaust cut out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of people ordering the low profile cut out and i'm wondering whats making them order that vs the standard y pipe version? The y pipe should flow a lot better, at least I would think so. Properly mounted low profiles are fine if they are mounted in a bend where it allows exhaust to flow out easily but side mounting it is going to release less exhaust and will still be flowing quite a bit out of the muffler even with the pressure difference. It may also sound different as a lot of the gases are just flowing past the new found hole in the side of the exhaust.

Would love to hear everyones thoughts on this, if its a ground clearance issue, there is not problem with that if you mount the y pipe correctly. Maybe i'm just missing something here though so speak up :)

Jeff

Last edited:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With an exhaust cutout your really wanting the sound more so than anything else. After all the cats it flows really well. The main restriction is the manifolds and the cats. Once its hit the muffler its not really slowed down that much. For me I wanted a clean look with the low profile. I don't want to look under my truck and see this Y-pipe looking for something to hit it. Mine is up there nicely and i feel looks a ton cleaner. When you open either style of cutout you are still getting some to go through the muffler regardless of style due to no shut off through the stock exhaust. For me I wanted a clean look with tons of sound i can shut off that won't catch shit and if i want to take off later due to mulitiple reason i can weld back in my oval i cut out. Its easier to weld in and you don't have to worry about making sure you have a straight pipe after you cut the stock in half. For me the only way to go is the low profile hands down without one wish of the Y-pipe. Plus Y-pipes for cut outs remind me of the old school dumps with only manual adjustment. People crawl under all the time to look at mine and tell me how cool it looks without ever even hearing it. Most people get the Y-pipe due to having to mess with getting an oval or low profile

Also if you don't think you can catch shit on the low profiles your still wrong. I had mine un plugged due to the 3ft of snow we had this year not a big deal but the higher you can get it the better off i feel.

Last edited: