Who to order from? Based in CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kifo4173

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and am looking to order a 2018 scab in gray. I live in Los Angeles. Hoping someone can either tell me in this thread or PM me some advice-who should I order from? I'd rather not ship the vehicle, but I'm happy to fly/drive to AZ, NM, NV, UT, perhaps CO.

Looking to pay under sticker. Specific recommendations would be best-dealership & sales associate that could make this happen. Alternatively, I could also do one that is sitting on a lot, but would definitely want to be under sticker.

Thanks! Excited to join.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't help you with under sticker but Penske Ford in La Mesa, CA (San Diego county) will sell @ MSRP.

If you want cheaper than that, you may want to check out the "does anyone buy a Raptor at MSRP" thread. There are several dealer employees that post their @ and under sticker inventory in that thread.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had amazing service at a fair price for my Gen1 through Tom Hillier Ford in Escalon CA. Tom was straight forward, no-nonsense, and honest. I would highly recommend him.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call Team Ford and talk to Chris the GM. I got an 18 LF at MSRP. I flew in, signed paperwork and drove off. They were great to deal with and Vegas wasn’t a bad drive back to CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kifo4173

Reaction score
Can't help you with under sticker but Penske Ford in La Mesa, CA (San Diego county) will sell @ MSRP.

If you want cheaper than that, you may want to check out the "does anyone buy a Raptor at MSRP" thread. There are several dealer employees that post their @ and under sticker inventory in that thread.

Awesome, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Anyone in particular you recommend speaking with at Penske?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I would call Team Ford and talk to Chris the GM. I got an 18 LF at MSRP. I flew in, signed paperwork and drove off. They were great to deal with and Vegas wasn’t a bad drive back to CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, thanks. Will ask for Chris, super helpful!!

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Anyone in particular you recommend speaking with at Penske?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Great, thanks. Will ask for Chris, super helpful!!

PM'd you the details

Ocotillo Boy

Reaction score
Good luck getting a scab in California. If you are looking for leadfoot grey there are zero in California. There were 6 of them in the continental U.S.

I got one of the six about two weeks ago. Was over 3 weeks ago when I actually bought it out of Florida.

I paid msrp plus shipping. Good luck in your quest but I doubt you'll be driving a leadfoot scab for under msrp delivered to your door.

Unless you are talking about the regular grey??

Attachments

• IMG_9719.jpg
    IMG_9719.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
K

kifo4173

Reaction score
Good luck getting a scab in California. If you are looking for leadfoot grey there are zero in California. There were 6 of them in the continental U.S.

I got one of the six about two weeks ago. Was over 3 weeks ago when I actually bought it out of Florida.

I paid msrp plus shipping. Good luck in your quest but I doubt you'll be driving a leadfoot scab for under msrp delivered to your door.

Unless you are talking about the regular grey??

Very cool, nice pic! Two stoked people with a beautiful truck right there :).

I'm talking about regular grey, although leadfoot is badass! How much did shipping cost you? I guess I should change my description to "not looking to pay over MSRP" to be more realistic.

Ocotillo Boy

Reaction score
Shipping was cheap. $1471.00 from Florida. Regular grey is far more abundant than leadfoot.

Killer looking in person!

I actually paid $500.00 over msrp now that I think about it. 2K over after factoring in shipping.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Team Ford Vegas vote. While I didn't buy my Raptor thru them, moved too far away, but bought a number of other vehicles before the move. They were great to deal with, really took care of us when we had an issue with a new Explorer.

One more place if you're willing to go as far as Colorado, might check with Corwin Ford Nampa, ID - ask for Brad.