White Smoke & Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zander Levy

Reaction score
I've looked over a lot of the white smoke threads but none seem to match my issue. I'll start by saying it is 100% not condensation, it's 90 deg out right now and the smoke has a odor of burning plastic/rubber.

Anyways, I get white smoke on startup after sitting for a little bit. It does go away after idling for a little while. It smells like burning plastic/rubber and the smell continues even after the smoke goes away. I've had the truck for about 6 months & haven't had this issue until now. I had a leaky cold side intercooler pipe that was leaking oil so I replaced that with a Mishimoto pipe. Didn't have any issues until driving home from MT & the pipe popped out from the rubber sleeve (probably wasn't tightened enough, my bad). Towed it home and on startup when trying to back it off the trailer, the white smoke appeared. I fixed the pipe and still get the white smoke. I don't think the smoke is blue, it seems more white to me. Oil & Coolant levels seem fine but I have not been driving the truck for fear of further damage.

I took it on a short drive today after reading up on the issue & shortly into the drive I had an CEL pop up. Drove it right to OReily's and got it scanned. It came back with a P0300 DTC - Random Misfire Detected. It also came up with a P0113 - (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Input & a U0401 - Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM. I'm not sure if those other codes or any of the codes are related.

I'm not sure how to proceed as I am very confused and it seems no one else is having a similar issue under the same circumstances. I don't know if its some kind of gasket, spark plugs, burning oil for some reason...?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I think I will try to inspect the spark plugs and see if that could be the cause for the misfire, but my uneducated garage mechanic a** doesn't think that would have anything to do with the smoke...?

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
A proper introduction in the New Members Check-In thread with a picture of claimed Raptor would help us a lot, then post a in the appropriate Gen Raptor thread the issue will greatly help you stand a chance of getting help. Right now, you are just a Prius owner lurking and jerking in our forum.