Whipple 3.8L Supercharger Upgrade - Pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSP

Reaction score
How about a draggy 0-60 and 1/4 mile? Hate to ask but any rattling at idle?

sharkhunt

Reaction score
I have heard no rattle at idle. I'll have to find my draggy, but I am game.

Take the graphs with a grain of salt; it was very humid in Austin today during the pulls. I will say that the back-to-back runs are as smooth as one could hope. The canned tune is rev-limited at 7.5k, tons of power left if one were to spin it 8k+. Pull was in 5th gear as opposed to 7th, Colvin Automotive in Austin. Only mods are the 3.8 whipple and Borla + carbon tips.

2023 Raptor R Whipple.PNG2023 Raptor R Whipple SAE.PNG

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Take the graphs with a grain of salt; it was very humid in Austin today during the pulls. I will say that the back-to-back runs are as smooth as one could hope. The canned tune is rev-limited at 7.5k, tons of power left if one were to spin it 8k+. Pull was in 5th gear as opposed to 7th, Colvin Automotive in Austin. Only mods are the 3.8 whipple and Borla + carbon tips.

View attachment 453458View attachment 453461
Is this an 3.5

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 453458View attachment 453461
This looks rowdy AF. How’s it on the street?

sharkhunt

Reaction score
This looks rowdy AF. How’s it on the street?
It's great, just what you'd expect from a vvt setup, drives like a kitten and a smooth increase In power as you put your foot in it. My '19 has similar power with a e85 tune on a gen3 whipple, and it feels so much more aggressive. To be fair, it's on a hot street tune.

Sport mode does enough to the trans behavior that it will probably save some clutch when driving spirited. It leaves fairly hard for such a seemingly conservative tune. Have yet to see taillights, but everything that I've come across had no idea how fast these trucks are in (near) stock form.
Bad ass, what's the boost level at?
I ran hptuners logging (but was missing KR and a few other things), will go back and check peak. I want to say it was ~25 maybe a little more. I can't seem to attach the logs..