Which one to buy? I am trying to decide between the 35 package vs the 37 package. Any input from you all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure the 37s roll over parking curbs a little better at bed bath n beyond
I rolled over big concrete bollards yesterday and off the curb too at a deli. Backing out I almost hit a pole so decided to go forward instead. My 35s handled it well. Lol

fts

Reaction score
I don't think anyone can tell the difference unless you drive them back to back. On a daily basis, even off-road, I doubt one can really discern the difference in performance.

Also, are there any downsides anyone can mention to getting 35" tires on a 37" package? If there is a noticeable difference in performance, I imagine one can change tires down to 35", but at least the truck will have all the hardware and frame ready to take 37s.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much slower can it really be, a couple 10ths to 60? Do you guys really care? The 37s will be more stable and composed, better ride quality, ground clearance, holes get smaller, etc. Seems like a fair trade off to me.
Well inherently the larger tire naturally gears down the truck. Talk to anyone who has gone from a 35 to a 37 on a raptor or a jeep. It’s noticeably slower with much slower handling. Sure it’s better for rock crawling but who rock crawls with a raptor. Even on desert runs out in my hood the 35s are much nicer to rip on especially considering the fact the truck has more suspension up travel. All they did is put a stiffer spring in and limit up travel to fit the 37s. No more engine power no gearing change. It’s all marketing from Ford and Ford knows most of these trucks will never leave the pavement. On the road where most of these trucks will be the 37 is a drawback on every front other then possibly looks

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most people I’ve seen who slap 37s on a raptor put on an 80+ pound mud terrain, which is night and day different than the 37s that come on the G3. And I’ve never spoken to anyone whose business it is to go fast in the desert to prefer a smaller tire for any application. If that were the case trophy trucks would have 35s.

My point is that on a G3 specifically, comparing a 37x12.5 vs a 315/70 ko2, both load range C, with 510lbft of torque and 4.10s, the difference will be noticeable if driven back to back but still minimal in the grand scheme of things.

fts

Reaction score
37s are also not just for rock-crawling, but they provide better floating capability, which is a plus on soft surfaces like sand and muddy trails. I think the "better" classification is also similar to the "slower" classification, the differences are likely small and won't matter in the end.

Another note is the shocks have sturdier pistons on the 37s to be able to carry the heavier tires.

Spinothalamic

Reaction score
Can anyone here say from experience how the road manners are on the 37 PP? I don’t want to be fighting it down the highway to work. It’s not too late to change it to 35 since I am still clean unscheduled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustBud