Where To Get Undercarriage Coated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Postman

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the bottom undercoated with Line-X? There is a Line-X shop about 45 min from me. Ive seen some people get the rear wheel wells done too. I know this route would be way more expensive though

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone coat their undercarriage in SoCal? Or is this only for people that live in snow with salt on the roads?

Postman

Reaction score
I spoke to a Line-X shop today in NJ. They told me they use a product called ValueGard undercoating. Said the price would be $650 and that includes the wheel wells.

Bruno74

Reaction score
PhotonEffect, PostMan,
I've been using Ziebart for 35-40 years. My brother's 1995 Dodge 2500 HD V-10 is still rust free. I've had half a dozen cars and trucks done with zero rust. Not only do they undercoat, but they spray inside of doors/tailgates, and lots of difficult to accesss areas like inside the frame, body seams etc.
If you do it your self listen to the above. If you want a proven history of successful rust prevention go with Ziebart.
It you have early surface rust, take a wire brush or a scuff pad to the rust and then hit it with rust convertor. Afterwards Ziebart/do it your self...
Eddie

Ziebart | Home

Ziebarts is currently offering $50 off their undercoating service. It's $349 through July.

Bruno74

Reaction score
Anyone try the Ceramic Pro Strong undercoating? It's supposed to be the equivalent protection of 40 layers of 9H.

Think I'm going that route. Here's the description:

"Ceramic Pro Strong was designed as an industrial coating for harsh environments. Strong is generally used on boat hulls, pipes, facades, oil-rigs and many other industrial surfaces and materials. For Automotive use, it is used as an underbody, engine, exhaust or other non-painted surfaces that need significant protection. This product is sprayed on the surface and is comparable to 40 coats of 9H. It protects the surface from any harsh chemicals, dirt, UV and growth leaving surfaces with less friction. It is also resistant to graffiti, solvents, acids, bases and all other chemicals."