Wheel Bearing Ordeal, my experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Good morning all.

I wanted to post an experience I just had, in hopes it might help others. I was driving Friday evening when I suddenly had several warning notices show up on screen. All of them had to do with driving assistance functions, Cruise control, downhill assist, ABS, etc. Probably 8 in total. I wasn't certain why this happened and stopped to simply power off the truck, and start again. Immediately upon start, same warnings all show up. I decided to drive with my windows down to see if I can hear anything, because the truck felt fine driving thru all of this. Well, it turns out there was some mild noise, and it would happen as I turned. BINGO! I was certain I had a wheel bearing issue. I took it to the garage Saturday morning and sure enough, wheel bearing. I wound up doing both sides as preventative. This all occurred at 70K miles and original wheel bearings. I have a 2018 Raptor.

Hopefully all of this helps someone doing a search in the future!