What mods are you planning! Let’s see the lists!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we all doing stubby antennas? I remember on the gen 2 that was my first mod lol.

Kind of skeptical to do it right out of the gate as I frequent parking garages. Need to get my confidence up that it will fit and that antenna is a nice gauge!
I'm gonna do a VHF/UHF radio install, so I guess going the opposite route, LoL! Starting with a 38" dual band antenna and planning a fender mount, which should be even more of a test. It does fold though.

How does the shorty do performance wise?

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna do a VHF/UHF radio install, so I guess going the opposite route, LoL! Starting with a 38" dual band antenna and planning a fender mount, which should be even more of a test. It does fold though.

How does the shorty do performance wise?

That will be a sweet setup! Shorty always been fine for us, but mostly listen to XM TBH. But radio reception is great picks up HD etc, we do live in the city so not sure if that is great feedback, maybe out in the sticks the shorty would suffer.

I was going to do the 50cal bullet as a joke but the wife pointed out that we have enough bullets flying around Chicago LOL. Its crazy here right now the freeways are like a shooting range! People getting all worked up over some dude didn't use his turn signal and just start throwing bullets. People lost their minds!

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will be a sweet setup! Shorty always been fine for us, but mostly listen to XM TBH. But radio reception is great picks up HD etc, we do live in the city so not sure if that is great feedback, maybe out in the sticks the shorty would suffer.

I was going to do the 50cal bullet as a joke but the wife pointed out that we have enough bullets flying around Chicago LOL. Its crazy here right now the freeways are like a shooting range! People getting all worked up over some dude didn't use his turn signal and just start throwing bullets. People lost their minds!
Here in St. Louis it’s like turn signals are illegal east of the airport and into IL

DillyDally

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those looking at XPEL Stealth. What's the average price you're looking at and is it honestly worth it? Interested in it so just wanted to get other opinions.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those looking at XPEL Stealth. What's the average price you're looking at and is it honestly worth it? Interested in it so just wanted to get other opinions.
I got a quote in St. Louis for $7500, that’s for the whole vehicle minus grille and bumpers. As to answer if it’s worth it or not, I personally think it is. My ‘19 has stealth on the fender flares and clear xpel on the paint (rapid red). Definitely protects against most rock chips and I think the stealth will look great on my leadfoot gray gen3.

I actually had a kid in a grand Cherokee hit me in a parking lot once. The stealth PPF on the fender flare took all the damage, only cost me $100 to fix (he was uninsured and for some reason I didn’t call the cops when it happened).

CACRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we all doing stubby antennas? I remember on the gen 2 that was my first mod lol.

Kind of skeptical to do it right out of the gate as I frequent parking garages. Need to get my confidence up that it will fit and that antenna is a nice gauge!
I drove a leveled 2017 F-250 on 37's before ordering the Raptor and I ran a stubby antenna on it. My parking garage at work has an oversized parking area that it fit in and any other time I thought I might need to park in a garage I just drive my Civic.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, got a couple of mods done this weekend. Had Line-X installed on Friday and the Diamondback SE (smooth, loose cleats) and Crossbin 13 came today. Also, got them installed. Gonna run the SE without the cleats for now, digging the slick look.

If any of you are around the ATL area, I highly recommend Line-X of Lawrenceville. Their install was thick I thought it looked like a drop-in, only prettier. Chris, the owner, has been doing this for over 20 years and he does all the spraying.

IMG_8607.jpegIMG_8605.jpegIMG_8618.jpegIMG_8626.jpeg

IMG_8623.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatguyfromford