What just happened???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I stated earlier, first it was 3 miles for every actual mile. At some point it reversed, 1 mile for every 2 actual. Lately it's been about .7 miles for every actual mile driven. The road to town has exact mile markers.

Prior to all of this, it has been very accurate. Last time I filled the tank it seemed quite close. I'm going to have to start setting the trip miles with each fill. Right now I'm not sure which readout is correct.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, another try to figure this out. I left home read out (miles to empty) was 2 miles for every mile driven. Got dow the road, petal to the metal, took up to about 90, full throttle. It reversed.... readout now .80 miles per actual mile driven. Stayed that way, gas guage seemed to be about right.

Which sensor is screwy??

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know in my 2013 Gen 1, my miles to empty never goes up. You may be more efficient at the higher speeds which will cause your miles to empty not to drop as fast. In my wife's renegade, the Miles to empty will increase if we go from city driving to highway driving. I think it might be from newer technology.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I would never rely on miles to empty. When my gas gage says 1/4 tank I panic and get gas. I understand you want it to work as expected I'm just throwing in my paranoid habit, I've never in my life ran out of gas and want to keep it that way. Kind of like I've never broke a bone and want to keep it that way too!