GEN 2 What I would like to see in a 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
So far, happy with the gen 2, dont mind the start/stop, turn signal in mirror would be nice, audible alarm for blindspot is a must.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you wont see anything with the brakes. you can only fit some much under a 17" wheel. the only thing they could do is like their fusion energi's and its electrically assisted. that thing stops on a dime, the brakes are almost to sensitive but thats what they should do with the raptor. im sure it will add some weight but it will help with the squishy pedal. the brakes are fine, there is just to much throw in the pedal.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The SN-95 body Mustang Cobras had early issues with warping rotors, that Ford addressed with a replacement part (late 90’s?) made by brembo, allegedly. I swapped them as I’d noticed just a hint of pedal pulsing. The new rotors got bedded and taken to Summit Point for 4 track days - that is, driven to the track, run, driven home each time. I put another 30k miles on the rotors before trading the car.

I’m suggesting they try something relatively simple and low cost like a better quality material rotor and different pad compound. I’ve seen, they’re not stuffing any bigger diameter rotor in there.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious... I know there are spot lights on the mirrors but is there a turn signal in the mirror anywhere (802A)?

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SN-95 body Mustang Cobras had early issues with warping rotors, that Ford addressed with a replacement part (late 90’s?) made by brembo, allegedly. I swapped them as I’d noticed just a hint of pedal pulsing. The new rotors got bedded and taken to Summit Point for 4 track days - that is, driven to the track, run, driven home each time. I put another 30k miles on the rotors before trading the car.

I’m suggesting they try something relatively simple and low cost like a better quality material rotor and different pad compound. I’ve seen, they’re not stuffing any bigger diameter rotor in there.

its not the rotors. the current setup has the power to lock up the brakes it just takes a little more effort with the pedal. all they need is to assist them electronically and i bet it fixes everything and if they already are then turn up the juice.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know a v8. Now that that has been mentioned, we can move on

Ambient lighting on side tray of console

Be able to shut engine stop sign function off and it stays off

Maintain the functions selected on startup.

Blacked out third brake light

Turn signal in mirror face

Perforated metal dead pedal

Latch on seat back release

Key you could carry that is user friendly

Radar on front for a kid running in front of you

Adaptive cruise that you can set to 10 secs

Secure idle

What do you want to see?

All good ideas!

Unfortunately, we are unlikely to see any of the above.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All of the above^
Auto up tailgate.
Heated windshield.
Push messages to cell and cam to phone when motion alarm detected
Cam to phone Bluetooth.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
its not the rotors. the current setup has the power to lock up the brakes it just takes a little more effort with the pedal. all they need is to assist them electronically and i bet it fixes everything and if they already are then turn up the juice.

the 2018 is going to be largely a carryover, so significant changes aren’t feasible. One of the longer term reviews pointed out brake fade after some heavy use. I realize rotors aren’t going to be the end all solution to this, I’m saying they could at least address some level of performance with a better set of same size rotors and address the initial bite with a more aggressive pad compound. We would need a better rotor for retaining longevity with more aggressive pads.

Your suggestion may be better long term, but how likely is it for 2018?

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 2018 is going to be largely a carryover, so significant changes aren’t feasible. One of the longer term reviews pointed out brake fade after some heavy use. I realize rotors aren’t going to be the end all solution to this, I’m saying they could at least address some level of performance with a better set of same size rotors and address the initial bite with a more aggressive pad compound. We would need a better rotor for retaining longevity with more aggressive pads.

Your suggestion may be better long term, but how likely is it for 2018?

wont happen...They cant package larger brake setup with running 17s. A brake change wont happen in this generation of trucks.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

V8 will never happen in the raptor either so that one can be dropped.

Just like the V8/hellcat Ram TRX rebel will never happen as they cant meet EPA/fuel mileage requirements.