What do you use to prevent light theft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Hey, I like to see pic of the 30” (where/ how mounted) which brand? Thanks
Here are some quick shots for you. I bought this light bar maybe eight or nine years ago and it wasn't a name brand, so I don't remember who or what on it. The mounting is rock solid, and the light has worked all these years. I do have some clip on lens protectors on the center of the light as you can see in the picture.Curved light.jpg Curved light 2.jpg2014-09-26 08.11.22 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine are probably more work than you would want to invest. i know there are a few pictures from 7 years ago when i solved this problem. gotta find it buried here on the forum

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even though I live in a rural area and protect my Raptor inside a closed and locked garage, I also had some concerns about aftermarket light theft. So I did something that I hope would confound would-be thieves. I drilled the light mount bolts and used stainless steel safety wire to make it impossible to steal my lights with just a wrench. You have to have wire cutters to remove the nuts on the bolts. I don't think that most thieves would anticipate that, and even if they did my technique would slow them down considerably.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is how to aim fog lights and driving lights:

The easiest way to do this - and you don't need two people - is to clamp a common C-clamp on the short side of a carpenter's square to make the long side stand upright. Measure the distance from the ground to the center of the light you want to aim, subtract 4 inches for fog lights and 1 1/2 inches for driving lights, and mark the long side of the carpenter's square with a piece of tape. On flat, level ground stand the carpenter's square up 25 feet in front of your truck, turn the lights on, and aim your lights so that the top of the light's cutoff is at the marked point on the carpenter's square. This has to be done at dusk or in the dark, so you'll need a flashlight to hold in your teeth.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is how to aim fog lights and driving lights:

The easiest way to do this - and you don't need two people - is to clamp a common C-clamp on the short side of a carpenter's square to make the long side stand upright. Measure the distance from the ground to the center of the light you want to aim, subtract 4 inches for fog lights and 1 1/2 inches for driving lights, and mark the long side of the carpenter's square with a piece of tape. On flat, level ground stand the carpenter's square up 25 feet in front of your truck, turn the lights on, and aim your lights so that the top of the light's cutoff is at the marked point on the carpenter's square. This has to be done at dusk or in the dark, so you'll need a flashlight to hold in your teeth.

Dafuq does this have to do with preventing lights from getting stolen, lol

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t make the lights any harder to steal. If someone wants them, adding frustration to their theft likely increases other damage to your truck.

That’s the advice I saw years ago, and said **** it. I don’t even like taking off the lights if I need to.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t make the lights any harder to steal. If someone wants them, adding frustration to their theft likely increases other damage to your truck.

That’s the advice I saw years ago, and said **** it. I don’t even like taking off the lights if I need to.
Then don't lock your truck or your house.
Same "logic."

Last edited: