What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
i had that happen, my eclik made it louder.
It would be random when it would buzz but it would sound like a bad fuel pump.
had them replaced and when i put the ones on i put a bunch of dielectric grease everywhere and its quiet.
When i called SDI they said solenoids dont go bad usually, so if you still have your old ones give them a try.
Just a heads up its a massive pain in the ass getting the wiring out under the bed.

Huh, figures. Well, my old ones didn't buzz at all, but at 41k, it was definitely time to switch 'em out. I should've known to throw dielectric grease on them, my dad even mentioned it, but I thought, hey, they should be alright. Guess I'll be climbing back under there and slathering it on the connections, lol. Thanks for the input!
Man…if I go down the road of freshening the suspension since I have both rears buzzing regularly now w/ 79k miles & throw on rebuilt live valves only to have them still continue to buzz & not work correctly I’ll be really pissed.

It doesn’t seem like there’s anyone w/ the live valve shocks that have gotten to high mileage done a full refresh & not have some kind of headache whether it’s the drive modes, the ride height calibration or the solenoid issue….im kinda stuck on what to do here. Replacing w/ brand new is so pricey may as well go fix factory 3.0s, my rear leafs are probably shot but spending a bunch on some deavers only to have ride height calibration issue or swapping front springs to gains some height then losing shock travel…not sure what best route is at this point I keep contemplating swapping for a gen3 but seems like they have issues
Seems like the case. I don't know if it would've been better or not to get an older model with the "dummy" shocks, but I can see the appeal when it comes to the headaches and cost. Still, I love my truck, and I'll get over the hurdle. Worst case I just rebuild my stock ones and slap them back on. And since I added the Icon drop shackles, it's about stock height. I forgot to take the measurements before I swapped out the springs, but regardless, feels like a brand new truck, so I'm happy with it.
Thank you, thank you, I've been on the fence about the Morimoto taillights, I've waiting to see a blue Raptor with before and after, I know what I'm asking for Christmas now :)
You're welcome, buddy! I was honestly waiting for the same thing, haha, but couldn't seem to find anyone with the blue (velocity blue, btw). Honestly they've grown on me. At first I didn't care so much that they didn't look too different from stock (I would love to have seen the smoked on this truck to compare), but the more I look at them, the more aggressive they look over stock. The only thing that could've made them even better would be if those three horizontal bars on the top half of the tail lights were sequential with the turn signals. Would've gone with the headlights nicely ;)

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh, figures. Well, my old ones didn't buzz at all, but at 41k, it was definitely time to switch 'em out. I should've known to throw dielectric grease on them, my dad even mentioned it, but I thought, hey, they should be alright. Guess I'll be climbing back under there and slathering it on the connections, lol. Thanks for the input!

Seems like the case. I don't know if it would've been better or not to get an older model with the "dummy" shocks, but I can see the appeal when it comes to the headaches and cost. Still, I love my truck, and I'll get over the hurdle. Worst case I just rebuild my stock ones and slap them back on. And since I added the Icon drop shackles, it's about stock height. I forgot to take the measurements before I swapped out the springs, but regardless, feels like a brand new truck, so I'm happy with it.

You're welcome, buddy! I was honestly waiting for the same thing, haha, but couldn't seem to find anyone with the blue (velocity blue, btw). Honestly they've grown on me. At first I didn't care so much that they didn't look too different from stock (I would love to have seen the smoked on this truck to compare), but the more I look at them, the more aggressive they look over stock. The only thing that could've made them even better would be if those three horizontal bars on the top half of the tail lights were sequential with the turn signals. Would've gone with the headlights nicely ;)
Oh wow, that's the velocity blue?!?! In the pictures, it looks so much like the Lightning Blue, are you saying that your taillights are not smoked?

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
Oh wow, that's the velocity blue?!?! In the pictures, it looks so much like the Lightning Blue, are you saying that your taillights are not smoked?
Correct, not smoked. These are the red tail lights. There's a picture floating around somewhere on the forum with the lightning blue and velocity blue next to each other, the lightning looks darker if I'm not mistaken. Though unless they were parked next to each other I don't know if I'd be able to notice the difference, lol.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is that time again oil & filter change plus changing out the UCA uniballs they are smoked. Plus pass rear shackle is squeaking pretty bad so pull it and lube it all up so doing both just to make sure the driverside is next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 10