What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed aluminum pedals, well my buddy did it for me, years ago on a Porsche. What we thought was going to be an easy job wasn’t. It’s a beeyatch to get into the footwell and work.
Definitely. There’s a reason it’s called a footwell and not an upper body well. The instructions make it sound so easy. “Drill a pilot hole with a 1/8” drill bit and then enlarge the hole to accommodate the screws.” What they don’t mention is that one hand has to hold the pedal while you attempt to drill with the other and “oh, by the way, the surface you’re drilling into is slightly curved or in the case of the accelerator pedal grooved and whatever Ford made the pedals out of is impervious to drill bits.” :) Not sure if being left handed was a plus or hindrance in getting the job done but it seemed like it meant more of me had to fit into the footwell along with the drill. I will say that my foot feels more planted on the pedals than it did on the stock ones. So for all my complaining, I’m glad I did it.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely. There’s a reason it’s called a footwell and not an upper body well. The instructions make it sound so easy. “Drill a pilot hole with a 1/8” drill bit and then enlarge the hole to accommodate the screws.” What they don’t mention is that one hand has to hold the pedal while you attempt to drill with the other and “oh, by the way, the surface you’re drilling into is slightly curved or in the case of the accelerator pedal grooved and whatever Ford made the pedals out of is impervious to drill bits.” :) Not sure if being left handed was a plus or hindrance in getting the job done but it seemed like it meant more of me had to fit into the footwell along with the drill. I will say that my foot feels more planted on the pedals than it did on the stock ones. So for all my complaining, I’m glad I did it.
Looks damn good too.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Where did u get those pieces? Easy install? Looks nice.
I get all my panels from Jogon carbon fiber. It’s an eBay seller from china. I used their stuff in my Rebel and loved the fit so I’ve been slowly adding pieces to my Raptor.

Here’s the deets in that cup holder panel but I show the radio and side console trim as well.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get all my panels from Jogon carbon fiber. It’s an eBay seller from china. I used their stuff in my Rebel and loved the fit so I’ve been slowly adding pieces to my Raptor.

Here’s the deets in that cup holder panel but I show the radio and side console trim as well.

I love how you say you bought the matte carbon fiber piece to see how closely it matches the stock carbon fiber.
It doesnt match at all but "close enough" so you ordered the other pieces. :happy175:

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems like you have some connection to Jogon now with these videos. Please ask them to make an all their products out of a carbon even slightly similar to the existing carbon. I would buy their products if they did.

njhummer18

Reaction score
Had the entire truck tinted with xpel xr plus, husky wheel liner and OEM bed extender. I'm ordering some baja LEDs this week. Anyone know a good ship in NJ/NY who can install them. Local shop quoted me 3 hrs just to install the S2 fog kit.

Last edited:

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Wrestled
Seems like you have some connection to Jogon now with these videos. Please ask them to make an all their products out of a carbon even slightly similar to the existing carbon. I would buy their products if they did.
i can ask but the raptor carbon fiber is pretty unique so not sure if it’s all that feasible. The matte matches close enough.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
I love how you say you bought the matte carbon fiber piece to see how closely it matches the stock carbon fiber.
It doesnt match at all but "close enough" so you ordered the other pieces. :happy175:
I bought the radio trim to see if it was a close match (experiment of sorts). I knew it wouldn't be exact but with the matte finish I liked how it looked in my truck so I’ve been adding more as I go.