What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob O

Reaction score
Weekend project.

Took delivery of my MY23 at the end of the year, so I’m still doing all the things which set a baseline for the bigger mods to come (suspension, 37s, IC upgrade/relo, hidden winch, etc).

Other stuff done so far but not posted to this thread are full PPF, aux lighting install, SmartCap + lighting, BuiltRight MOLLE bedside panels, tow hook swap, dashcam hardwire and mount, radar detector hardwire and mount, stubby antenna and the usual Forscan tweaks.

These clips from the weekend were made for IG and posted to my Stories (@blinker.fluid), hence vertical format and contextual narration not needed on the forums ... but they cover what was done.

Project described:

Update 1:

Update 2:

Rear Cup Holders (with “can you guess” at the end):

Attached pics show the BuiltRight Dash Mount Pro, which I didn’t video

Attachments

• ld-export-a8602415-03312024.jpeg
    ld-export-a8602415-03312024.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 43
  • ld-export-f70b33ec-03312024.jpeg
    ld-export-f70b33ec-03312024.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 44

77Raptor

Reaction score
Weekend project.

Took delivery of my MY23 at the end of the year, so I’m still doing all the things which set a baseline for the bigger mods to come (suspension, 37s, IC upgrade/relo, hidden winch, etc).

Other stuff done so far but not posted to this thread are full PPF, aux lighting install, SmartCap + lighting, BuiltRight MOLLE bedside panels, tow hook swap, dashcam hardwire and mount, radar detector hardwire and mount, stubby antenna and the usual Forscan tweaks.
Can I ask where you were able to locate the rear cup holder? Having stuff flop around in there when I'm driving makes me want to throw it out the window.

Rob O

Reaction score
Can I ask where you were able to locate the rear cup holder? Having stuff flop around in there when I'm driving makes me want to throw it out the window.
Right? My Gen 2 had the tensioners and I never gave it a second thought ... until My Gen 3 didn’t!

I sourced it from eBay. It was NOS, and the seller knew what they had ... meaning I paid about 4x its original price from Ford. But it’s literally the only one I’ve seen. I scoured a few salvage sites for wrecked 21s, but nothin. Good luck ... worth the hunt (and the price premium if you find one)

DatGuy14

Reaction score
Right? My Gen 2 had the tensioners and I never gave it a second thought ... until My Gen 3 didn’t!

I sourced it from eBay. It was NOS, and the seller knew what they had ... meaning I paid about 4x its original price from Ford. But it’s literally the only one I’ve seen. I scoured a few salvage sites for wrecked 21s, but nothin. Good luck ... worth the hunt (and the price premium if you find one)

Any chance you have the OEM part number?

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these raised/embossed? I did vinyl in mine (can’t remember from where off-hand) and they’re pretty thin, as decals go. Wondering if they’ll lose color over the summer. Hadn’t seen the TUFSKINZ version.

Yes, they are raised/domed and made to fit within the outline. They definitely aren’t thin vinyl cutouts. TufskinZ says that they made of a UV resistant resin with a 3M adhesive backing. Given the cost, I certainly hope that they don’t fade and last for a good long while. :D

IMG_1985.jpegIMG_1986.jpeg

Last edited:

ChevyLee

Reaction score
Weekend project.

These clips from the weekend were made for IG and posted to my Stories (@blinker.fluid), hence vertical format and contextual narration not needed on the forums ... but they cover what was done.

Project described:

Update 1:

Update 2:

Rear Cup Holders (with “can you guess” at the end):

Attached pics show the BuiltRight Dash Mount Pro, which I didn’t video
Nice upgrades.

Question about the AC controls. Did you buy your controls new? I was looking to get a new controller but I have read that Forescan doesn't work on the new ones and you need another program to get it working.