What are the most essential lighting upgrades? Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're going to be extremely impressed.

OP, the Baja Designs XL Racer's are amazing for the price. I am extremely impressed with their output. Put two on hood mounts and you'll have a decent amount of light to start out with.

Yeah I'm a fan of BD products, I also have the new racer edition s2's as flushmounts as rear facing ambers.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not really. I've never used them off road, but I use them on the back roads going home and they light up really good. I mainly use them to see to the sides as we have a lot of deer that will cross the street unexpectedly.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

It's actually a testament to how good Baja Designs lights are. Which is why I'm thinking adding a 40" may be enough.
I recently tried BD lights, and here's a pic of the 40" arc racer alone... I was amazed. The picture doesn't do it justice.
d842475d80f3bc1930b513e99da8549e.jpg

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my bumper. I have an Apollo Optics 40" behind my grille for flood lighting, and this is my spot

Thanks. I'm gonna order a 40" for behind the grille and I think I'll be good for now. I plan on adding a light rack but that won't be until summer.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a quality set of hood mounts. There are some killer options available from Baja Designs in their XL Series and KC HiLiTES in their Flex series.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Behind the grill will cut down some of the lifght output and may alter the beam pattern. But it is a nice way to hide the lights.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a quality set of hood mounts. There are some killer options available from Baja Designs in their XL Series and KC HiLiTES in their Flex series.

Yea I definitely do not want hood mounts. Behind the grille for now, and then once I get my light rack, then on that.