What’s going on here? Middle mud flaps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickmeister

Reaction score
Atlas is a great color. It’s another Ford color that looks nice depending on how the sun hits it. I ended up liking it much more than I thought I would.

View attachment 458436
Solid observation. It seems to be a decent deal.

Concerns:
Potential rust due to it coming from Illinois.
Miles are high for the year.

Minor “issue”: It’s got my least favorite wheels on it. Would much prefer the standard wheel or the 37PP.
I have the same wheels and think they are bland, but I get a lot of compliments on them.

gdof15

Reaction score
Hmm. I thought your question was about the odd mud flap placement, but you received all kinds of unsolicited feedback, including lots of flaming.

Note, had 'regular' mudflaps on my gen 1 for 200K+ miles and now on my gen 3 (27k+ miles). I don't rock crawl (that's what my 4-wheeler and jeep are for) but am off road all the time in Utah. Never broke or lost a mud flap. Guess my driving techniques are different.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do a search on this forum, many have complained in the past about their underbodies having surface rust even when delivered to the dealer brand new.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is awesome! I too have atlas blue and have been wondering about a midflap setup. I’ll be converting to bypasses in the rear pretty soon and could use the protection.