Welcome lighting / approach lighting effect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barak

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to add custom LED strips to my 22 F150 Raptor to enhance the approach lighting feature. When I walk towards the truck, I want these LED strips to light up and create a welcoming effect. I'm planning to use a LED controller to manage some fun light effects.

I have some experience working with LEDs and controllers, but I'm not sure about the best points for tapping into the vehicle’s electrical system for this project. Specifically, I’m looking for advice on:
  1. Which fuse or wire should I tap into to connect my LED setup so that it activates with the approach lighting?
  2. How should I manage the wiring to ensure safety and reliability, especially considering the outdoor environment and the vehicle’s own systems?
If anyone has done something similar or has knowledge about the Raptor’s wiring, I would really appreciate your insights. Diagrams, photos, or detailed explanations would be super helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: