Water dripping inside - Dealership says normal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lambert

Reaction score
Dealer says attached video is normal water intrusion. I water tested and saw two areas of significant water dripping inside from each side of sunroof after finding my papers and clothes wet behind rear seat. Video of other side is exactly the same. The dealership just called and said this was normal. It’s a brand new 2024 F150 Raptor 37. I had it three days. I do not understand how this can be normal. Could only attach small portion of video. Thank you for any input.

Attachments

• IMG_5896.mov
    4.1 MB

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats not anywhere near normal

Btw.....post up in the new member section with a pic of your truck. It goes a long way

RdR2027

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same truck. Purchased in March. Drive it through a high-pressure brush car wash at least once a week. Hasn't leaked a drop. I watch it close because of past problems with Ford moon roofs.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yeah, water usually doesn’t get past the glass-to-roof seal, but it can if there is excess dirt buildup, misalignment, or other trash that prevents seal. In that case, the water will run toward the built-in drains at the corners of the sunroof well. I can’t tell for sure from your video, but that looks like the front/rear junction and it should NOT leak there unless you have a huge gap, or a pencil-sized stick in there. Your dealer is an idiot who doesn’t want to fix a sunroof leak because they can’t screw you and Ford out of enough money. Go back an and insist, or take it to another dealer or better yet to an independent shop.
Then call Ford Customer Service and tell them your dealer is an idiot, make sure to send the clip.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely normal.

Water bypasses the wet seal by design. When you’re in a car wash or running a hose over it, there is enough volume to overwhelm the seal and allow water to visibly drip into the drain channels.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
which is kind of WHY we have drain channels. That is pretty steady, but if it’s not actually overwhelming the drain channels, it’s not an issue/problem/warranty concern. It’s disturbing when you see it but so is watching what gets put into sausage.

Just let the Raptor do its thing.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Agree with these above statements, but the water is apparently overflowing the drains into the cab of the truck. Also if water is leaking through at the rate in the video with normally expected rain, it’s NOT normal. I personally have two Ford vehicles with the pano roofs and neither leak similarly, even with high pressure spray. I know because I’ve actually checked. They DO get some seepage under direct spray, but NEVER a dripping leak. Maybe mine are just magic?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly how was the water being applied? There's no way that much should be coming in without a direct pressurized stream of water. If you are simply sheeting water across the area and that much is coming in, you have issues. If you are blasting a garden hose right on the seam, I'd say it's normal.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say “behind rear seat” do you mean against the back wall of the cab? Not just behind the front driver/passenger seats? Saw some videos about the cabin vents on the rear cabin wall (between bed/cab) that can leak water to the interior.

G8trdw

Reaction score
Had the same problem on an R. I was a little ..ssed off after spending that kind of money. The drain tubes have to be clear and running downhill in the drain locations. If the tray is riveted to the bottom by the magnets that hold up the headliner, this could also be the problem. only other thing is the glass is installed crooked or with a bad seal. My dealer replaced my tray and it is fixed. pretty aggravating though to say the least. hope this helps.