Warranty/Ford Customer Care - Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jmee10

jmee10

Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder what the story on it was. I was originally from the Detroit area and owned a couple vehicles like that, one I confirmed was an exec demo and the other was some sort of emissions testing car.
I can only guess - but considering the truck had 10 miles when sold by Ford to auction in 11/2023, my best guess is the Chip crises from Covid had this sitting waiting for parts. If you recall, after 2021 and some 2022, they removed heated steering wheel, interior accent lights, temp readout in the AC gauges, and a couple other things I can't recall right now, they deleted these options because they couldn't source the parts. I am guessing my truck was just sitting waiting for a couple years until those parts came in before they could auction as used - of course I've been known to be wrong about plenty of other things. haha

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only guess - but considering the truck had 10 miles when sold by Ford to auction in 11/2023, my best guess is the Chip crises from Covid had this sitting waiting for parts. If you recall, after 2021 and some 2022, they removed heated steering wheel, interior accent lights, temp readout in the AC gauges, and a couple other things I can't recall right now, they deleted these options because they couldn't source the parts. I am guessing my truck was just sitting waiting for a couple years until those parts came in before they could auction as used - of course I've been known to be wrong about plenty of other things. haha
I remember those early order days well, I doubt it was parts in your case. Your truck has a 4/2021 build date sticker on the door and production technically didn’t start until 7/2021. Probably was one of the first test runs on the line, then sat in the factory ever since or hauled around to some auto shows.

Anyway, sorry to hijack. These instances are always interesting to me. Good luck on that exhaust rattle

OP
OP
jmee10

jmee10

Reaction score
I remember those early order days well, I doubt it was parts in your case. Your truck has a 4/2021 build date sticker on the door and production technically didn’t start until 7/2021. Probably was one of the first test runs on the line, then sat in the factory ever since or hauled around to some auto shows.

Anyway, sorry to hijack. These instances are always interesting to me. Good luck on that exhaust rattle
Interesting - thanks for the info! Makes sense. I am getting no where with Ford and needed my truck back so I picked it up today. Had to fight to get the dealership to waive the $200 diagnostic fee as well... no chance I was paying that considering I came in with the TSB in hand and all they had to do was start the truck to hear the issue. I ended up just ordering the new actuators and will do it myself. Wish I had time to fight with Ford, but I'll likely just get no where.

NetoBR

Reaction score
Hey I also have a NOT FOR SALE truck. Nice to see someone else with another. I'll be following this post closely, as zi sold my previous F150 due to problems and am even suying Ford for it.

Good luck

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If it was first sold by Ford in '23 and your warranty paperwork says "New", it's odd that the Factory Warranty is up. Isn't it?

Oh, and also always get the rental car coverage when you get the extended warranty. It paid for the entire extended warranty not having to pay for a rental when my '18 was in the shop.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I also have a NOT FOR SALE truck. Nice to see someone else with another. I'll be following this post closely, as zi sold my previous F150 due to problems and am even suying Ford for it.

Good luck
Aside from injury/death due to a product defect, what could you possibly sue a manufacturer for? I don’t understand how people get into litigation regarding something as trivial as complaints on a vehicle.