Ugh.....Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it an epidemic but it's a problem....I'm on oil leak number 2.....2 leaks this time, the pan (again) and some seal around the engine (forgot exactly).....my tech said this is the third truck in a very short period of time with a leak.....my guess is more and more will have the issue as the miles rack up......

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone thinks this oil pan issue is not a real issue....ford redesigned the oil pan from a 2 piece composite design to a 1 piece diecast oil pan on the Raptor and the 3.5l motor. Trucks built after 2/19/18 have the new 1 piece oil pan to solve the oil leak issue.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
If anyone thinks this oil pan issue is not a real issue....ford redesigned the oil pan from a 2 piece composite design to a 1 piece diecast oil pan on the Raptor and the 3.5l motor. Trucks built after 2/19/18 have the new 1 piece oil pan to solve the oil leak issue.

Does anyone have a part number or pictures of this new pan? For those getting theirs fixed right now, sounds like they are all getting another plastic pan.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score

I will be getting mine back today or tomorrow and I will update if I get the new pan or plastic one.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine ended up being the oil pan
Drain plug that was leaking per the dealer.
Replaced drain plug and gasket, said the oil level was good.

Anyone had this ? I think they screwed up the plastic plug last oil change! How could the plug be changed without changing the oil?!!

Also is the trans pan plug plastic like the oil pan’s?

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Ok guys I got my truck back today. They replaced the oil pan (part # HL3Z6675A) I am not 100% but I think it is still plastic. I looked but was in the middle of the dealership drive and it is hard to see it. Also I got all new oil and a new filter if any one was wondering.

As for the trans leak, apparently after they brought it up to temp 215 it was overfilled by about 2 qts even after I blew a bunch out the breather over 300 miles. Either a factory over site or when they did the roll it in recall in Peoria where I bought the truck.

They said the waste gate rattle is “turbochargers will make a rattling noise on first start up and that is a normal condition”

Total time down was 7 days so I don’t think there is a parts shortage either.