GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quality forged wheels for under 1100?

I agree. No way. When you order a wheel option you're getting the credit of not taking the standard wheels.

I like the way the bead locks look much more so than the aluminum. Right now it's a deal breaker until they come off constraints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am likely to ditch the beadlocks if it will delay my order further (I have not yet gotten confirmation on their unavailability from my dealer and his Ford rep). I am not a huge fan of the standard wheels but my desire to get my truck sooner rather than later overrides my desire to have the forged alum wheels. I suspect Ford Performance will offer the forged aluminum beadlocks for purchase later and I can just add 'em (as they did with Gen1 beadlocks) or I can just go aftermarket and get other wheels. For me, I'm just getting impatient and I'd like to make sure my truck comes before my current vehicle's lease is up.

My sentiments exactly!

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

I haven't heard anything new on this. I gave the dealer the go ahead on Thursday, right when I got the text, to swap out for the standard wheels (reluctantly as it appears I had no choice). Then checked with Ford through social media on Friday and still no VIN/build date.

Ya I'll be checking with my dealer tomorrow and doing the same. Sucks though

robbinsraptor

Reaction score
I ordered the Beadlock option and received my VIN / Build date two weeks ago only to find out last Friday that my order is now delayed another week (January 23rd). It's currently showing an ETA of February 12th, which is subject to change.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like communication between Ford and the dealer. Sounds like bead lock wheels may be done for the rest of the year. That may be a supply issue just like the CF. I'll check into it and report back.

Hey Darin. Any word on the beadlock wheels being discontinued?

Also I just spoke to my dealer and he said the rep was checking into it and whether or not it will affect My build or not since I've been moved to a #1 priority as of Friday. Any guess-timate how long once you are a #1 for a build date?

Last edited:

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Darin. Any word on the beadlock wheels being discontinued?

Also I just spoke to my dealer and he said the rep was checking into it and whether or not it will affect My build or not since I've been moved to a #1 priority as of Friday. Any guess-timate how long once you are a #1 for a build date?

I checked our ordering commodity restrictions on Saturday and it wasn't updated yet. It's supposed to be updated some time today. I'll keep an eye out and let you know when it updates.

Usually once your truck is scheduled its about 6 weeks until you'll see it.