TRR Request (big one)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey all. I have a request for TRR.

Should anyone suffer from LOFT and have a problem with their Raptor at the event (wreck, etc) please don't post pictures or threads in this forum.

I know of one major incident last year where immediately posts and pics went on the interenet. This, unfortunately, led to the party's insurance company denying the claim (several of us members were quoted from these forums by the insurance agency in order to deny the claim).

Do a favor to us all and especially those that may have a problem....don't post on the forums. Give the owner a fighting chance to get a claim processed by their insurance.

I know the temptation is hard, but do a favor to the community....if it were you in the situation I'm sure you wouldn't want to sit on a possibly totaled truck with no help from your insurance company because of some overzealous posts on a forum.

The proof is in the pudding and trust me. People suffered last year and had to eat the cost of the problems because of forum posts documenting the event.

Hopefully Trey and others can make this request and remind us all at the Driver's meeting.

Thanks!

Matt

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This should be a POLICY on this forum for everyone all the time! :hunter:

No one except the owner should be the first to ever post incident pics. Unfortunately, in this age that we live in, everyone has a camera, a video cam, and a couple dozen web accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, forum memberships, YouTube, etc.) and everyone wants to be the first to post up some shit that happened to someone else.

Just remember, that "someone else" just could be YOU :owned2: some day.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was very guilty as well..Never would have guessed they watch everything

Same here, but luckily i wasn't one that was quoted by the insurance company. I do know of a couple of others that were quoted.

Just keep it on the DL. Let the owner deal with it. The time will come after restitution that we can talk about things.

Hopefully we will all abide by this rule. I know I will this year.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
also make sure your covered did last years episode have full coverage? I don't know all the details but if you ask up front you should be fine. I have coverage on my 4 wheeler, and pickup. I would imagine if I hit a tree every week end they would drop me so it is not something I would ever get careless with. I love my truck and every or most every one else I think dose too and don't want to be with out. I would get new insurance if you did have full coverage. that's just not right.
I would do some fast asking and If your insurer don't cover off road use get some that will even if it is side or supplement insurance.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about not putting your self in a situation where you could total your car if you are not ready to pay out of pocket?

Just sayin, if you arent willing to pay you probably should not be playing that hard.

These trucks are more then capable of cruising around TRR at a tempo that is fun/exhilarating and still not ending up in the land of "totaled my ride". If you arent able and willing to spend a few thousand in broken parts at any time you should not be driving this type of truck on a track where you are almost always a few thousand away from "getting back to stock".

Just be smart and cautious if you cant afford to be stupid and fast.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about not putting your self in a situation where you could total your car if you are not ready to pay out of pocket?

Just sayin, if you arent willing to pay you probably should not be playing that hard.

These trucks are more then capable of cruising around TRR at a tempo that is fun/exhilarating and still not ending up in the land of "totaled my ride". If you arent able and willing to spend a few thousand in broken parts at any time you should not be driving this type of truck on a track where you are almost always a few thousand away from "getting back to stock".

Just be smart and cautious if you cant afford to be stupid and fast.

Even in a case like this, others posting pics before you have a chance to make a claim can **** you. Insurance is just that...insurance. they will look for ways to deny any claim (totalled or not). Please, let's just keep that responsibility up to the owners.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
and if you don't we will shun you

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

that means if some one this year put up something that should not be on frf or any media place don't comment on it until you see the owner post then go to the other post and tell them they suck and should be ashamed of them selves!

I agree totally I just want to see fun good pic's and respectable posting.
if you want to see the fist hand nitty gritty you should be their.