GEN 2 Transmission Fluid Analysis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diverdown3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a used 2017 Raptor with 83k on the clock and was unable to obtain the service record for it. I was able to get a carfax and TSB report. Knowing the dealer changed the engine oil before the sale, my biggest concern was the condition of the transmission, especially since I was unable to visually observe it's condition via an engine compartment dipstick. So within a few weeks of the purchase, I had the trans fluid drained and replaced with a new filter.

I know Ford says change at 150k, but I think that's ridiculous, especially considering this is a high performance vehicle. I also wanted the trans fluid analyzed so I had some information regarding its maintenance history. I sent the sample to Blackstone labs, and here is the report.

For me, this is money well spent and gives me peace of mind before I invest in mods.

Either the fluid had been changed previously, or it's held up well over the 84k miles the truck has seen.

1719279532539.png

Here's their key to transmission analysis reports. 1719266296891.png

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice post. Im shocked the detergent additives are so low. I thought ATF was supposed to be more detergent rich than engine oil…

OP
OP
Diverdown3

Diverdown3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do a spill and fill in your garage or did you take to a shop?
Took it to the dealer. I've done engine swaps in the past, but not interested in the whole fluid level exercise with the 10R80 and a dipstick check underneath the truck while running. Call me a weenie.

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it to the dealer. I've done engine swaps in the past, but not interested in the whole fluid level exercise with the 10R80 and a dipstick check underneath the truck while running. Call me a weenie.
Not at all , better off letting the dealer fug it up and its on them… how much?