Trading my 13 GTR for a 13 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jab

Reaction score
Hi All, New to the forum!

Im trading my 2013 Nissan GTR in on a 2013 Ford Raptor (Sucks i Know).
Reason being i took off this year to work and got a great opportunity and made some serious cash, next thing i know I'm in my dream GTR. However now I'm thinking i want to go finish out College and get my degree. I cant afford to keep my GTR in college nor would i ever want to leave it out all day in a college town.

So i decided to go after the Truck I've wanted since it came out, the raptor. I rode motocross growing up and still do from time to time and love off roading so it just always seemed like a perfect choice. I found a 2013 Fully loaded Supercrew here in Houston. Actually three of them lol, however the black one i wanted was just sold so now im between Ingot Silver and Whatever the blue is. (Im not a fan of blue and never have been)

My questions are-

-How much over MSRP if anything did you pay for your 2013, whats the average selling price ect.

-Do you have any complaints daily driving a Raptor, any problems or issues ?

Have alot planned for it once i get my hands on one
(Led light bar, Wheels/Tires, Train Horn ect )
Cant wait to get started, hopefully the Raptor entertains me as much as the GTR has and i don't miss it to bad.

OP
OP
J

jab

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay MSRP. You can find them cheaper.

The dealer with the Silver (im liking the idea of silver for offroading and mudding for the brush scratches ect ) is asking MSRP. I told them if the throw in a Spray on Bed Liner, tint the windows and add the extended warranty il take it and they are working on it now. Only thing they were iffy about was the Extended warranty.

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texas has been pretty stingy with their raptors on the lot for me. I ended up just ordering one so I could get 1K over invoice because all the dealers wanted MSRP at the very least

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe i saw your post on nagtroc a little while back...sorry to see you leaving the GT-R but you will be getting a great truck. We just got our Raptor last Friday and couldn't be happier with it. Now, it's hard to say if I could pick one over the other, but this truck is as much fun as I think you can have while not being crazy fast like our GT-R's..good luck!

OP
OP
J

jab

Reaction score
i believe i saw your post on nagtroc a little while back...sorry to see you leaving the GT-R but you will be getting a great truck. We just got our Raptor last Friday and couldn't be happier with it. Now, it's hard to say if I could pick one over the other, but this truck is as much fun as I think you can have while not being crazy fast like our GT-R's..good luck!

Yea thats what im thinking, And yes that was me. I had decided against it but have changed my mind again lol. I just got done getting all the paper work ready on the 2013 Ingot Silver SUpercrew Fully Loaded. Still thinking about this.... :whymewhyme:

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Motocross guys who intend to hit it hard offroad often go the SCab route. Faster, sportier, and more nimble. You will have the highest expectations so check it out. Ask the questions. Look before you leap!