Tires rotated. Now Noisy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Imagine this. My wife, a truly lovely woman if I do say so myself, (as would anyone else who knows her) is generally oblivious to all things cars. She drives whatever I buy for her, knows nothing about cars. On the rare occasions I find myself in her vehicle, if I hear a noise, etc., she's like "I didn't hear that."

So yesterday we are in my truck and she says "What's that noise?" I attributed it to the fact I had just had it serviced and they rotated the tires, which they didn't do in the last 10k miles. The fronts are not down to the wear bars (32k miles since new) but getting close. Those fronts are now on the rear and that is where the increased road noise is coming from, or at least I think it is.

Does that seem plausible? I know some tires when they become worn can make more noise.

If that's the case, Falken AT4 or the new KO3? I saw the Falken on a truck recently and loved the agressive looking sidewall but I've also seen videos which said the snow traction is not as good as the AT3 was.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are wearing them the other way now, cutting the high areas of tread and scalloped areas down. I can see them making more noise for a while in that case.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
These tires get noisier as they wear. Rears wear faster than fronts, now the noisier ones are under your feet.