Time for Wheels & Tires. Fitment Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp it’s time for tires soon. Have over 60k on these BFG 35x12.50’s so I got my use out of them!

I’ve been eyeing these Black Rhino Arsenal wheels. Trying to decide between the 17x9.5+12 or 18x9.5+12. They both will require a hub centric ring and there is about a 4lb difference between them. Would like to go 37x12.50 or 13.50. Trying to avoid having to buy UCA’s right now if I don’t have to.

Currently on Geiser fronts (will be adding +1/2” strut spacer) and icon +3 rears. ADD v1 bolt on bumper going on soon. I was worried about wheel choice if I ever decided to do the bigger front calipers too.

Open to other possible wheel choices and I might do fenders and bed sides eventually. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks

IMG_5978.jpeg

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best wheel fitment for Raptors with 37s IMO is 17" X 8.5" with a 0 offset. Tires; 37X12.5X17. Black Rhino does make nice wheels. If you are already running Geiser springs, there is no need for a strut spacer or new UCAs.

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best wheel fitment for Raptors with 37s IMO is 17" X 8.5" with a 0 offset. Tires; 37X12.5X17. Black Rhino does make nice wheels. If you are already running Geiser springs, there is no need for a strut spacer or new UCAs.

Thanks for the info. It's too bad they don't make that design in an 8.5 wide wheel. Any disadvantage to doing 18x8.5+0? Thought maybe I would gain some clearance for the larger calipers if I chose to do that in the future. The strut spacer was mainly to level out the front to the taller rear with the icon +3's instead of a drop shackle.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wouldnt stock offset be the best? Further out would need cutting, unless you mean looks wise?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Regarding the hub rings, my Methods are not hub centric and they mounted up just fine without rings. Tighten the lugs evenly and you will be fine. And, stick with 12.50 wide on the tires.

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the hub rings, my Methods are not hub centric and they mounted up just fine without rings. Tighten the lugs evenly and you will be fine. And, stick with 12.50 wide on the tires.

Yeah I've run wheels without the rings before without too much issue. It's the time I have a shop rotate or do something that worries me haha