Thinking of selling my raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mook5186

Reaction score
Have a 22 with some mods here’s the list
COBB FMIC
SPD downpipes
Goosetuned stage 2
UPR catch can set up
LP4 A-pillar light
Triple Fog kit from SPV
Method 705 wheels

I’ve been thinking about selling it and going back into a tundra but the good ones with a V8. Or just selling it outright. Love the truck took it to Moab last year had a blast the truck is very capable. I love the pep of the motor after the mods but not sure how it’s all going to hold up long term. Honestly where I live theres no where to actually use the truck for what it designed for.

Guess I’m just wondering how all the new tech and the motor are going to last long term. What kinda issues would I be looking at around 100k

Attachments

• IMG_1665.jpeg
    IMG_1665.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1894.jpeg
    IMG_1894.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1694.jpeg
    IMG_1694.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 57

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buy an extended warranty for a couple of grand and dont look back. All cars will have some sort of issues over time and buying a new one isn't a guarantee to avoid it either.

If you like the raptor, keep it. If you don't like it, sell it.

Asking for advice is usually when you know what you want to do but ask for other people to validate it.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You lost me at me at going back to a tundra and the V8 is a good one. I had a 17 tundra platinum, the ONLY reason I bought it was because I knew the dealership owner who gave a lot of work with my engineering company. There wasn’t much of anything about it I would say was good. You couldn’t pay me enough to go back to one instead of my Raptor. Like a previous poster said get an extended warranty and stick with the raptor and don’t look back.

OP
OP
mook5186

mook5186

Reaction score
I bought the extended warranty honestly don’t remember how long or how many miles I have with it. Is there a better or longer warranty you can buy versus the one offered at the dealer?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I bought the extended warranty honestly don’t remember how long or how many miles I have with it. Is there a better or longer warranty you can buy versus the one offered at the dealer?
You lost the powertrain warranty when you tuned the truck, ESP or no.

If you want to sell it here, you have to be a supporting member, or have 100+ posts.
GLWS

MFouts

Reaction score
Odds are pretty good you would regret it. There is really nothing else like it out there.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Do you also stay in the house and never go out being afraid of getting hit by lightning? If you had a crystal ball that saw into the future, but you don't so lose your fears and crawl out from under that rock. Drive the Raptor and take things as they come as you have done in life.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
What a weird post from an adult who actually had enough money/credit to purchase a Raptor. Maybe a spinoff of the Raptor forum should be an 888 hotline to talk Raptor owners off a ledge because they purchased a very expensive and extremely capable truck they can't use to its full capability regularly. But to mod it, ask about reliability in the future and if you should purchase a foreign vehicle is some crazy, Ayahuasca induced psychobabbel. You got in over your head my man, the disease of buyer's remorse is too far a long. Sell it and get a vehicle you can use to it's full capability on the daily!