"The Yeti" - 2013 Raptor build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
11ab4580a0c80a384261221d595c2160a18173ef.png

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks solid. Now you just need to paint the inside of your headlights black to get rid of the grey...I really wish Ford would have given us the same black headlights like on the FX4 instead of the grey for the Raptors.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Looks solid. Now you just need to paint the inside of your headlights black to get rid of the grey...I really wish Ford would have given us the same black headlights like on the FX4 instead of the grey for the Raptors.

I actually like the contrast and honestly in person I never thought the headlights matched the grille. Because of the shadowing they look almost black. If I end up doing anything maybe I will have Dawson or Roger retrofit them. What do you think does it look off?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Shit...now I'm going to give you a complex about it.

This is the only picture where the difference between the grille and headlights made a huge difference. I'd pop them open, sand them down, take a rattle can to them, and then pop them back in...unless you're wanting to do a full retrofit with FX-R's and some other custom doo-dads. But whatever...maybe I'm wrong. I still won't have my truck for another 10 weeks.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Shit...now I'm going to give you a complex about it.

This is the only picture where the difference between the grille and headlights made a huge difference. I'd pop them open, sand them down, take a rattle can to them, and then pop them back in...unless you're wanting to do a full retrofit with FX-R's and some other custom doo-dads. But whatever...maybe I'm wrong. I still won't have my truck for another 10 weeks.

Haha no you're good. I knew what was getting in to with the black grille and actually it is more subtle than I had thought. There is a little contrast but I like contrast. It is a black and white truck lol after all. Lol

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Haha no you're good. I knew what was getting in to with the black grille and actually it is more subtle than I had thought. There is a little contrast but I like contrast. It is a black and white truck lol after all. Lol

That's true...if you're happy with it, that's what matters.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looks like we are going for the same generally look except I am doing it on a silver truck. After I install my flush duallys in the rear bumper I am having all the grey painted satin/matte. Grille, Fenders, bumpers, emblems, then the oval assembly black with silver FORD. Havent gotten a quote but def what I want to do.

Keep up the great work buddy. I know a few owners have swapped their 2013 raptor headlights for the normal ford black then sold the raptor ones and profited. Just and option for you!

Ill just be the silver stormtrooper. Kind of the cousin everyone knows but never calls.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking you where going to go white with the ford letters. surprise I'm thinking the ghost look with the white pin stripe might look good. do a photoshope? you know the one's around the ford letters on the top.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I was thinking you where going to go white with the ford letters. surprise I'm thinking the ghost look with the white pin stripe might look good. do a photoshope? you know the one's around the ford letters on the top.

I am actually thinking about putting flat black ford decals over the top. I love the contrast of satin and flat black.